iPhone, Phonak & Bluetooth Connection Problems - II: Phonak Support Responses

I am posting these answers I got when I emailed the Phonak Support folks in the hopes that they might provide a solution to the problem I was having connecting my Phonaks, Audéo M70-R to my iPhone 13 Pro Max.

Maybe they will be of use to others in this Forum.’

First Response from Phonak Support.

Pairing your hearing aids to the optional MyPhonak App does not setup Bluetooth streaming from your phone to your hearing aids.

You have to pair the hearing aid to the phone itself to setup streaming. It is usually your right hearing aid that you would pair to devices like smartphones, computers or TVs. The right hearing aid pairs to a device then it sends the signal to both the hearing aids.

To put our hearing aid into pairing mode, you turn it off then back on. When the hearing aid is turned on, it will remain in pairing mode for three minutes.

You turn off a rechargeable hearing aid by pressing the button furthest from the earpiece for 3 to 4 seconds until a red light comes on the button. Then press the same button until a green light comes on to turn it back on.

So, consult your phone’s user guide to learn how to tell it to look for a new Bluetooth device to pair to.

Then turn your right hearing aid off and back on. When your phone finds the hearing aid, select it.

Listed below are instructions to route and automatically answer calls on your hearing aids using iPhone. You can automatically direct the audio of phone or FaceTime calls to the iPhone speaker, a Bluetooth headset, or your hearing device. iPhone can also automatically answer calls after a length of time you set.

Go to Settings > Accessibility > Touch > Call Audio Routing, then choose an audio destination (Bluetooth Headset).

During a call, you can switch the audio routing from your hearing aid to the iPhone speaker by removing the hearing aid from your ear.

Best Regards,

Consumer Technical Support

Phonak LLC
Direct: +1 800 679 4871
E-Mail: Info@phonak.com
Internet: www.phonak.com | www.hear-the-world.com

Second response.

Listed below are instructions to reconnect your hearing aids in the myPhonak app.

1. Open the MyPhonak app on your phone.
  2. You do not need to wait for it to connect, select “Devices” at the bottom menu of the screen.
  3. Scroll down and select "Product Information.” (This will be the second box listed)
  4. Select “Forget my Devices” and tap on “Confirm.”
  5. Tap on “Pair Device,” then “Let’s get started,” then select either “Rechargeable” or “Non-Rechargeable” and follow the instructions for restarting your hearing aids.
  6. Once your hearing aids have been powered off and on, select “Close,” and then “Continue.”
  7. When the application lists both the left and right hearing aids, you can tap the arrow to select them. You should now get a pairing request for each side, please make sure to pair each time your phone requests it.
  8. You can tap “continue” and then when you get the safety message tap “OK and don’t show again” once you have reviewed it.
  9. You should now be paired to the app.

We do recommend reinstalling the application and restarting your cell phone if you’re continuing to experience issues with the application after following these steps.

Hope these help anyone searching these forums.

2 Likes