iPhone Bluetooth keeps switching to hearings aids when I am playing music to speakers

I don’t think this is related to my brand of HA (Costco KS10’s) but my iPhone 11’s Bluetooth keeps switching to the hearings aids when I am playing music to speakers.

Has anyone figured out how to stop this irritating problem?

Turn Bluetooth off?

:slight_smile:

1 Like

With the iPhone and hearing aids it depends how you have the hearing aid settings set in the iPhone control panel. I use to use the iPhone but I got tired of connectivity issues and switched to the Samsung S23, and I sure haven’t regretted it.

I’m using it to power the speakers!

Ah sorry, there’s speakers in the iPhone as well so wasn’t aware!

I think the iPhone Control Panel is for MFi Aids only and not Phonak or KS9/10?

1 Like

Then in that case just may have to disconnect the aids from the phone.

The question is why does the iPhone prioritise the HA’s over the Bluetooth speakers?

The iPhone doesn’t so because they are seen as ear buds, or a headset, which has priority.

It would seem that Apple have assumed that they know what I want! Shame there is no option on that.

Fair enough if they make it the default setting but you would have thought there would be an option to decline…

KS10 aren’t MFI, so you need a non-MFI solution. This talks about calls, not media audio, but maybe the same alphabetical ordering applies.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/254124020#:~:text=If%20you%20select%20the%20devices,the%20priority%20order%20you%20want.

1 Like

Like I first said try disconnecting the hearing aids if you want to use the speaker. For myself by way of the hearing aids is my only option if I want to hear and understand what is said on a call. And as far music I don’t even bother anymore, it sounds like just a lot of noise.

Very helpful thanks - I will experiment with this

I use the hearing aids with the phone and disconnecting them doesn’t stop them automatically reconnecting. I like to listen to music on speakers and will try the advice linked by x475aws above. Thanks for trying to help!

1 Like

For your information I switched from the iPhone to the Samsung S23 for my Oticon More1 aids and I am very happy with my choice, but I really don’t think it would make any difference in your case.