iPhone 11 pro max and Phonak marvels, bluetooth does not work

Did you try 13.2 beta 2 released last week?

2 Likes

Running iOS 13.2 beta 2 on iPhone 11 Pro Max (developer beta first available on Oct 10). No issues with Bluetooth streaming, although the Phonak App still is a little buggy (flaky responsiveness, but it runs). Glad to see progress on this finally! No idea when the public beta will be available, but my guess it’ll probably be sometime in the next week or so.

1 Like

This is excellent news: looks like we are closer than we think to a fix for iPhone 11 and Marvel users.

1 Like

• Fixes an issue where Bluetooth may disconnect on certain vehicles
  • Improves connection reliability of Bluetooth hearing aids and headsets

Downloading iOS 13.1.3 on my wife’s iPhone 11, will report back with results with my Marvels.

EDIT: My wife’s iPhone 11 is now working well with my Marvels… including with having the app open and streaming simultaneously!

3 Likes

New iphone update 13.1.3 came out today. I am now able to pair without dropping the connection. Music and phone all working right now.

1 Like

Downloading it now while hoping my WiFi will stay connected long enough to get it.

it works great !!! I’m happy!:grin:

Mine did not work ,still the same after the download, unpaired them got rid of the app , down loaded the app again paired them same result they just went to not connected after 10 seconds

I would reset your iPhone and make sure you are running iOS 13.1.3. It seems it’s fixing it for the majority so I’m wondering if something isn’t being done right on your end.

1 Like

Just returned iphone XS max, bought 9 days ago as soon as I saw iOS update; got the iphone 11 pro max that I wanted in the first place … once we updated to ios 13.1.3 and installed i cloud backup from old (?) phone I paired m90 Marvels to phone and then deleted and reinstalled MyPhonak app and paired to it all works as it should. Thank God I was within the 14 day return window !
I had sneaky suspicion that issue would be resolved as soon I canceled original order for 11 pro max …and settled for XS Max.
But alls well that ends well

When I turned them on this morning it connected, so all is good.

1 Like

It sure if anyone is experiencing the same issues, but my Bluetooth connection is still dropping after installing 13.1.3 to my iPhone 11pro?! Any help or advise would be seriously appreciated Thank you

Phonak emailed providers today with this information:

Phonak News & Updates

iPhone® 11 Compatibility

Great news! We are delighted to announce that Phonak Marvel™ is now compatible with iPhone 11. A great collaboration with Apple® led to the hearing instrument connectivity improvements in yesterday’s iOS 13.1.3 release. This resolves the connection issues, so please be sure your patients download this latest update in the Apple app store.

All up-to-date compatibility information is also available on our Marvel Support Page.

I have Phonak Audeo Marvel 90R hearings. With the new iPhone 11Pro I was experiencing broken communication while listening to music or during phone calls.

I’ve just updated the iPhone to iOS 13.1.13 and the music streams great and normal.

I appreciate the feedback in the forum that provided the solution for this issue.

Make sure you delete and reinstall the My Phonak app then it should work.
Regards

Make sure you delete and reinstall the My Phonak app, then go thru steps in app to connect!
Cheers

Thanks Dave this worked for me.

This is a little off topic, but… I have KS 9 and iPhone 6SE. Connecting is no longer a problem. What is a problem is the connection cutting out if I move my head a certain way. It seems if I hold my head at a neutral position, it works fine. If i turn my head I get intermittent reception. Any Thoughts?

I’d repair. I don’t have this problem.

I will have this issue sometimes if the phone is in my back pocket. It almost never happens with the phone in my front pocket and has never occurred when holding the phone in my hand. My guess is it’s simply that the Bluetooth signal is weak and doesn’t travel well when blocked by your body. Try moving the phone where it’s within line-of-sight of your hearing aids and the problem would be gone. Of course holding your phone is now the issue.

1 Like