IOS16.2 update

I have updated my iPhone and iPad to the new IOS16.2 no issues noticed with my More1 aids

My issue of the iPad hogging the aids when Bluetooth is enabled accidentally on both the iPhone and iPad seems to have been fixed, it seems that now the iPhone has become the dominant device.

5 Likes

I wonder what they did to make that happen like that, some kind of unique identifier between them or something.

1 Like

I have the reverse problem. I’m trialing the Phonak Lumity HA’s, which use classic Bluetooth. Both my iPhone and my Apple Watch are paired via classic Bluetooth to my HA’s. My iPhone is also paired to a Panasonic cordless handset base. I have the iOS app BATTERY on both my Apple Watch and the iPhone. If one wants to practice battery management (not charge to 100% to preserve battery lifespan), one can set upper and lower limit state of charge alarms.

My problem is with the Battery app on the Apple Watch, the alarm doesn’t always go off in myHA’s, probably because at the time of the alarm, the iPhone or the cordless phone system is hogging the HA connection. There ought to be some sort of prioritization system in which a streamed alarm can seize the channel, if the user prefers that option.

There is about a 50-50 chance the alarm from the watch will successfully sound an alert in my HA’s that the watch as reached the upper limit of my preferred charge. True for both iOS 16.1 and 16.2.

BTW, if anyone wonders whether charge management is worth it, my original Apple Watch Series 6 after 2 years of use had 99% of its battery capacity left. My Surface Pro 2 Windows tablet computer after 9 years of use has >95% of its original battery capacity left. I generally limit depth of discharge to 20% to 30% in the 35% to 65% charge range.