International voltage compatibility

Can my hearing aid charger be plugged directly into a European 220 volt outlet, and will the base unit function correctly on 220? Thank you.

Almost certainly not. Which specific brand and model is the charger? You would almost certainly need one of those travel converters.

My Cochlear chargers came with 4 different plugs for different countries electricity. Each of these plugs/adapters slid into the the same transformer. So in the case of Cochlear, yes, the same charger is designed for multiple connections and countries electrical.

Your user manual should help answer your questions about your aids.

1 Like

Modern switching power supplies usually work with a wide input voltage range of 100-240V.
Take a look at your power supply’s name plate to check for that.
And: don’t forget to bring a travel adaptor with you, so your plug fits to the european wall sockets. Not all european countries have the same wall sockets, but this fit’s to most:

1 Like

That’s great to know!! Thank you. I hope the other companies do the same. It was my first thought when I considered a future with a rechargeable HA and CI. I eagerly look forward to travelling once again, especially once I have my CI.

Even if the charger is rated for the broader range, 100-240v, thus eliminating the need for a converter, I would recommend purchasing a good quality adapter. Some are a bit wiggly when they plug into a receptacle.

1 Like