International purchase - Buyhear, HearStore, Hearing Central, Ebay, Which one is better?

Meaning others may think that their Opn hearing aids are faulty!

Are there hearing aids that have a backup firmware of some type that would be harder to “brick” in case of power outage or disconnection or could be reset? I think Volusiano alluded that Phonak may have that feature (or I may be imagining)

https://forum.hearingtracker.com/search?q=Tools%2FReset%20to%20factory%20Settings%2FHearing%20Instruments

I never once said that ANY hearing aid was faulty; you’ve got a serious comprehension issue, I’m afraid.

Faulty/Bricked, what’s the difference?

And you’ve got serious anger management issues to go along with your alternate method of comprehension , I’m afraid.

Where’s Doc Jake when you need him?
:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I said, multiple times, that I (me, myself) bricked them in a way that was predictable (disrupting firmware updates). Your condescension toward others is why we can’t have nice things. (BTW, I always assumed you were a great guy, based on your help to others. I realize now that it’s just some kind of egotism thing you’ve got going; a need to always be right, to be holier-than-thou, etc. A loser in other words.)

Your first assumption was correct. Next rumor, please. I think we’re done with this one seeing as how it has degraded into the name calling phase. We never did learn about any of the details??

I assume you learned to read somewhere along the way. If you try to use those skills, you’ll see that I DID describe what happened (again, since you are slow on the uptake - I interrupted firmware updates). BTW, who put you in charge of this forum? Oh, that’s right - you did.

Bricks and Stones may break my bones (get the pun?), but talk doesn’t bother me.

BTW, people here who do DIY programming SHOULD be concerned about the fact that a firmware update can brick hearing aids if the update is interrupted. Who exactly are you trying to protect with your smarmy posts? Oticon?

Yes they should be concerned. Though, not with simplistic rumors.

WTF do you mean by “simplistic rumors”. And by using “we” all the time when you mean “I”. God, you are insufferable.

Let me help with your comprehension - a “rumor” is an unsubstantiated story. What I’ve posted is 100% provably true and Oticon even warns against interrupting firmware updates.

Go ahead, get the last word, since that’s what people like you always need.

Bricked…

I’ll pile in too. Here’s how I see what happened.

“I’ve bricked Oticon aids during a firmware update,”

Yup. Could happen. Could happen with many systems where a firmware update is possible. Like your internet router. Your computer BIOS. etc. And every time, they have stern warnings about not interrupting the process.

“and also bricked a FittingLink 3 dongle.”

This I don’t know.

“IMO, they are total incompetents when it comes to software.”

Here’s where the problem started. The context of your post is about Oticon and Fittinglink. Your use of the word they then means you’re still in the context of Oticon and Fittinglink. You then are saying that they (Oticon and Fittinglink) and total incompetents etc.
If you had said in general that with ANY kind of device that has firmware update capability and that they have this risk of bricking when interrupted then sure. No problem. Fair gripe. I think pvc is taking exception to you saying that specifically and only about Oticon and Fittinglink. And then declaring that they’re incompetents. And then your next post spreads it more generally but still being mad at Oticon for YOU interrupting the process because they couldn’t be bothered to protect the process against user interruption. Sure. But they’re not alone in this design aspect. Maybe it’s a ROM capacity issue where space is at a premium with these tiny devices.
At the end of the day…what the heck are you doing interrupting the process when you know bricking is a very real possibility. And the update process tells you as much. Other DIY people would heed that warning. Do you test manufacturers firmware update methods for laughs? To see if they’re one of those fool manufacturers that don’t put in protections?

Bottom line…if you had said that darn those Oticon folks for not putting in protections against unknowing people interrupting firmware updates…probably nobody would have taken exception. I suspect there are reasons why many manufacturers don’t though.

we can directly ask for professional leterhead of bill with audiologiest or specialitst signature if seller is.

It is risky to try to do any firmware update using wireless. Use a wired connection with Hi-Pro programming device and won’t brick the hearing aid. Wireless for programming newer hearing aids and wired for firmware.

Re best way to buy online.

I’ve recently bought a pair of Oticon Opn 1s from a Koran ebay sellrer (fromtheheart) and been very happy with the results.

Excellent price (I was lucky enough to time it for the 10% ebay discount), good communication and very quick dispatch. Aids and zpower arrived safely with basic programming done.

Seller told me that Oticon South Korea will transfer details to Oticon Australia saying aids were bought while on holiday in Korea. Package includes two cards from Oticon South Korea with aid serial number details saying 2 years warranty. Hopefully I don’t have to find out if that works OK.

Unfortunately, I ordered the mini pro from buyhear at the same time. Very disappointed. It appears they are out of stock and won’t admit it. They just don’t answer emails, or when they do, they say “it will be sent on Monday” but when Monday’s come and gone nothing has happened. I’m about ready to cancel the order and try to get a refund.