Independent Adjustable Digital Aids

I have a profound hearing loss in both ears. My difficulty is further compounded by a large straight ear canal in my left ear that has proven impossible for several different audiologists to produce an earmold that will seat securely without feedback. I long for the days of the analog aids that would allow me to adjust volume levels independently of each other, something it seems all digital aids are designed to do whether the user likes it or not.

I have a pair of Phonak Naida P30 aids, and even the Phonak app for my iPhone doesn’t work reliably in that regard.

Does any manufacturer of digital aids produce a model that can be “disconnected” from each other and adjusted independently?

Most aids can be programmed as an unlinked pair. Very easy to turn off Binaural Controls too.

Plus IOS defaults to separate controls rather than combined.

If so, I can’t find anyone who can show me how to do it. When I try to do it using the Phonak app it doesn’t take long before the app, without any prompting from me, changes the settings and aligns the two aids again.

Your ……… Audiologist?

1 Like