Improve YOUR Experience with Music: These are the BEST Hearing Aid Music Settings for Music Lovers

3 Likes

TBH, we have a ton of posts regarding optimum music settings, which many members have suggesting creating a Sticky for.
All roads lead to Marshall Chasin :sunglasses:

1 Like

You’re not wrong! He’s the man.

2 Likes

I’ve not yet watched the video linked in the initial post, but I have an observation that might help some.

I’ve been impressed previously how the minuscule speakers in BT HAs can reproduce classical music. I’m a confessed Apple FanBoy (first Mac ordered even BEFORE the original “1984” commercial aired at the '84 Super Bowl), but I was not blown away by the original Apple AirPods Pro (of course they do better than HAs, but not spectacularly so)

I now live in the exploding growth town of Bozeman, MT, but none of the “every square inch of available land must be developed” mentality is likely to convince Apple to open a retail emporium here (closest is almost1,000 miles away. We took a spring trip to SF and LV (to hear Michael Tilson Thomas conduct the Mahler VI and to see three generations of female offspring in LV). I didn’t make it to the bitten-fruit shrine in SF Union Square, but DID in 'Vegas, where I played the final few minutes of the massive Mahler 2nd, first through my KS10s, then through the AirPods Pro 2 buds. In every way I can imagine, the new buds replaced my “meh” impressions of their predecessors with “wow.” I haven’t sprung for them yet, but currently theiy’re $50 off (20% discount) at my local Costco.

I’m so pleased to see this post

Thanks
DaveL
Toronto

Jim - if you demoed the APP2 in a retail setting, then I imagine it’s likely you didn’t set up Headphone Accommodations with your Audiogram, or with Mimi Hearing Test. For those with hearing loss, that’s a huge difference. It only works with iOS and in Transparency Mode, but if you already like the APP2 without that, then run, don’t walk over to Costco. :slight_smile:

I didn’t even know that was possible. Does Costco offer such service? I have an appointment early in June. I’m going to ask for a printed copy of my Audiogram, assuming they update it. If I’ve already purchased AirPods Pro 2 buds by then, would the techs in the hearing department be able to do some optimization for me? I certainly can speculate why whatever that involves for people with impaired hearing it wouldn’t be very useful EXCEPT in Transparency Mode—or maybe I have that all wrong, if the ideal setting for streamed content would involve MORE rejection of ambient noise at the same time as MORE amplification of BT streamed content.

Hi Jim - the user does it themselves in Accessibility - AirPods - Audio Accessibility Settings - Headphone Accommodations - Custom Audio Setup. You can take a picture of an audiogram and correct the numbers if they don’t match. The system will use the average of both channels, or if they are really asymmetric, the audiogram for the “good ear”.

You can also use the free app Mimi Hearing Test, which will load an audiogram into your Health app based on a test you do with earphones on your phone.

Streaming (Media) and Transparency are both accommodated, and you can do both, or ANC + Media. Transparency does have an additional directional “conversation” mode that can be used.