Improve hearing aids (Signia Pure 312 7AX)

Hello everyone,

I would like some advice. I’ve just started wearing a hearing aid for a week now, and I chose the Signia Pure 312 7AX device. I’ve had tinnitus for many years, with a constant ringing sound in my ears. The device has a tinnitus Sound therapy function, and I’ve activated it, which produces a gentle, consistent sound like waves. I’ve noticed some improvement, with a reduction in the ringing sound. Based on your experience, can this device completely cure tinnitus?

Regarding the eartips, I’ve tried both the ones that came with the device and custom-made ones. The included eartips have two vents, and my voice sounds very clear with them. However, the custom-made eartips only have one vent, making my voice sound as if it’s coming from inside a jar. Both types of eartips provide very realistic conversation sound, but the included ones lack bass when listening to music, so they may need to be replaced. If I switch to using the custom-made eartips, is it possible to adjust the software to reduce the effect of my voice sounding like it’s in a jar?

By the way, I purchased the Noahlink Wireless 2 on AliExpress, and it will be delivered in two weeks. If anyone can share the support software for the Signia device, I would greatly appreciate it.

Welcome to the forum, the Signia AX are pretty good HAs with a very good tinnitus controller built-in, unfortunately it’s not possible to “Cure” tinnitus, they haven’t worked that out yet (doctors not audiologist)
The controller is very customisable and you could well find a more suitable solution by playing around in Connexx.

Yes it’s Own Voice Processing, you can adjust for this, but you do need to consider that over time you will get used to this, as the custom molds are better for music because they allow for more puch down low (bass)
So do a little bit more research and read the user guides before making any adjustments, you’ll find it all easy enough I’m sure.

2 Likes

Reading the Signia material, the claim is they can help you learn to ignore the tinnitus over time.
This may or may not happen with you.
Tinnitus can never be cured in the true sense of the meaning. Not yet at least.

1 Like

Signia has a notch therapy for tinnitus which is unique to them. You should look into that.

1 Like

I would like to sincerely thank everyone who took the time to comment, the shared advice has been incredibly valuable and share the support files. Your help is truly invaluable, and I am very grateful. Thank you all so much!