Implementing an equalizer for an android phone

Hello
I am looking into the possibility of implementing an equalizer functionality during telephone call in android phone for improving audibility for the hard of hearing
However I am finding it very hard to find any reference material for this
It’s fairly easy to find sample apps and even program code for implementing an equalizer for mp3 streaming but I am finding it hard to even find a starting point for an equalizer in telephone mode, all I could find was people asking if this was possible in other forums, with no definitive answer

Do the members of our forum have any experience with using an equalizer during phone call for better hearing? Is it even possible? Do any android phones have such feature? Are any free or paid apps available that do this? Does anybody have experience with this on non-android phones?

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

The Rexton Smart Remote app (free) I have on my Android phone has the ability to adjust bass and treble on a single slider, but I believe this capability has to be programmed into my Trax 42 HAs by my HIS. I have yet to ask him about it.

Bob

Not quite an an answer to you question but there are a number of existing settings within android which may help (these will vary with android versions so ymmv).

In settings > call >

hearing aid compatibility (on/off)
equaliser (normal/bright/smooth)
speaker voice enhancement (on/off)
slow talk (on/off)

Any of these may help improve clarity.

Maybe I will to purchase Siemens Binax 7

I was thinking this HA haves equalizer during phone call for better hearing.

So…HA does not haves equalizer to help during phone call for better hearing?

So I’m going to keep having problems with phone calls? Jesus!

If you have the bluetooth phone device for your hearing aids it is set up with your “prescription”, so it is better than an equalizer.

Hello Don, Do you mean the easytek ? With easytek (from Siemens) improves the sound of the smartphone calls? Cool. Best regards.

What he means is the EasyTek will connect the hearing aids to your smartphone. The hearing aids themselves will improve the sound of your phone calls. Because the hearing aids will improve the sound of everything you hear. They are adjusted to your ears, so that makes them better than an equalizer.

Entiendo?