Ignorant Oticon Newer User

Will the Greensboro audiologist program aids not bought from them? I believe Duke will since they unbundle their services anyway.

1 Like

Yes. We discussed it today on the phone.

1 Like

Well, I am impressed. Went to Aim in Greensboro and had my REM done. She replaced both the red and blue things (the blue one wasn’t acting properly), did a special drying procedure, did a diagnostic (she said she might pass on the diagnostic test) test where she put the HA’s in a mailbox looking thing and finished with my REM. Absolutely Amazing! She had access to my HA’s through Octicon software.

Listen, I may be the odd case, but I am grinning as I can now hear myself typing on the keyboard. WOOHOO! That buzzing in the left ear is gone. My voice sounds so much better. I can hear myself peeing. The right ear sounds like my left ear. And many of those irritating noises I always heard while driving my older cars is gone. I don’t have to adjust my volume. She showed me how to better use the Oticon Companion iPhone app.

Everything cost me $359. It was $209 to do the REM and $150 for that diagnostic stuff which I told her I wanted to go out with total conviction my HA’s were functioning 100%. Remember, I did not purchase the Oticon’s from them.

I shopped to “save” $800 in my initial purchase price going to my initial AD. So, in reality, I’m still ahead.

And to think, I was gonna give up a couple months ago. Just throw away $4700. I had thrown the towel in. Thank goodness my wife kept pestering me.

It don’t matter how good the HA’s are if they aren’t properly tuned. If you are unhappy with your HA’s, find another AD. At least give yourself another chance.

Oh, and the AD said they sold mostly Oticon with Resound in second place. FYI

4 Likes

Duke Health in South Durham is another good hearing provider. Dr. LeRoux is an Oticon audiologist there. Very thorough and their services are unbundled by default.

1 Like