iCube II connection

I just got this device and it won’t connect by USB cable, I found a Bluetooth adapter and target finds the device but says firmware needs to be updated before it can be used. well it will only update via USB cable that it won’t connect . I have tried other cable and did not help.

Any help appreciated.

1 Like

When you are in Target and go to updates. Select the iCube. Target should tell you to connect to it using the USB connection.
Are you doing this?

1 Like

You need to go to setup in target and click on fitting device, and then click on icube, then enable icube for fitting, you then need to use the pairing assistant and pair icube by usb cable, this should do it.

1 Like

Yes, but can’t find USB connection.

1 Like

Is the ICube fully charged?

1 Like

I don’t see pairing assistant just paring for icube11 adapter and one for third party adapter.

1 Like

The first page when you load Target. Across the bottom are selectable icons. One of them is set up. Go there and find fitting devices. Select your iCube.

Oh I see what pairing assistant is.

Hello. Greetings and a hug to all, I am learning a lot with you and delighted with all the wisdom that is shared in the USA. In Spain this whole world is dark and mysterious.
I have the same problem with the ICUBE II.
I have gone through all the steps and the icube ii does not work because the firmware is old. Tried it to update to version 5.4 and it doesn’t support such old firmware either. Can’t be updated in any way? I’m going to return it to ebay… my beginnings in DIY are being a bit frustrating… still haven’t been able to connect my phonak audeo v70. Soon I will have some Lumity with noah wireless, I hope I won’t have a problem…

Please tell us what hearing aids you have and what Phonak software you are using.
Thanks

Hello: My audis are phonak audeo V70 312 . The software is target 8.1.2 and I also tried on version 5.4.2 . At no time did it let me update the icubeII because it had an outdated firmware. Thanks!

When you plug the Icube II into your computer, does your computer recognize it?
Thanks

yes but firmware is invalid

Do you think I will have firmware problems with Hipro and target 8.1? Hipro, not Hipro2. I need to configure audeo V70 312. I hope it’s a better option via cable with Hipro. Today I returned the IcubeII, there was no way to update that firmware that it had.

Very strange indeed, I’ve had quite a few of these over the years without any firmware issues, but there’s always a first!

No you shouldn’t have “firmware” at all, I can’t recommend HiPro over the iCube ll, but if your happy to use cables then go for it.
You don’t need or want target 8.1 for those old V70’s, you could just use 6 or 5.
Just be sure to get the right cables CS44a for Phonak.

2 Likes

thank you very much for your help. I understand that icubeII system is better. I’ll try to find one with the updated firmware and try. :grinning:

thank you very much for your help. I understand that icubeII system is better. I’ll try to find one with the updated firmware and try. :grinning:

I’ll have a look at mine, I still have a couple laying around and will check to see what firmware is on them.

1 Like