I don't feel the two sides are the same. Phonak Lumity 90

All the changes I made were around frequency management, places where the program is damping or shifting frequencies. It’s still not clear to me why only the right ear is affected.

I ended up having to turn the frequency compression back on for better speech clarity and return the wind block to its original settings due to feedback so I’m basically back where I was a few weeks ago - still have no damper in the earhook and no whistle block.

I’m starting to suspect my lingering issue is due to having 3 years with only my right HA so it notices the differences required to improve my speech comprehension, my left ear is probably just happy to hear anything at all :smile:

1 Like

Bingo.
It will take an effort to get the understanding back but can be done.

1 Like

Interesting. My Starkey genesis had this problem and was solved through using different domes and slight adjustments to my right HA as the prescription is differ t for each year. You make an interesting point about 90/40 weight. I understand that the new blue tooth LE audio protocol will connect each HA Indepdently. Perhaps other can chime in on LE Audio.

Do you use the phone app to crank up just the RIGHT aid? I ask cuz I still don’t use myPhonak, and so if I hit the UP volume, it goes up in BOTH aids. No way to just crank up the volume in one aid, or I know I’d do the same as you.

That is a very tempting idea to bring up with my audi. Why not just boost the volume a teense on my RIGHT aid, so it’s automatically at the ideal volume when I put the aids in? Thanks for the suggestion.

I had my HIS unlink the manual volume control on the HAs for this exact purpose in Target once I realized I was going to be doing it regularly :blush: I didn’t want to have to rely on the app (though I do use it as well). I have Naida Lumity but I would imagine unlinking the volume is available on all models.

1 Like

It cannot be unlinked in earlier models. Lumity is the first.

1 Like

Good idea. Just to add, my left year has smaller dome and right one is bigger after trial and error. I insisted in having a smaller one for the right ear but she said no because the canal is bigger such that low frequency sound will slip out. Seeing that I did not believe her, she gave me a small size dome and asked me to try it and evaluate it myself.

Ah, I was thinking more like Lumity Audeo when I said different models (I’m a bit shaky on which part of the name is the model) but that’s good to know about Lumity being the first to have the ability to unlink the volume! That would have been a dealbreaker for me otherwise.

2 Likes

Interesting! I should bring this up with my audi. I know it may seem a hassle to control the volume on each aid separately, but if she can just boost up the volume on that RIGHT side, maybe that’s all it takes! :slight_smile:

1 Like

My HA S are

Phonak Audeo Paradise P90s. Receiver in Canal hearing aids. The Naida Paradise are higher power for people that need it.

I believe yours are Audeo Lumity and they would be Receiver in Canal if I’m right

Hope this helps
Dave

You might try another fitting formula. If you are using Phonak Adaptive, you might try NAL-NL2. Sometimes it can sound a little crisper.

1 Like