I cannot get sound from my tv connector when trying to watch a dvd

I have a tvconnector for my Phonak hearing aids. It works perfectly when I am watching tv but when I want to watch a dvd I get no sound. Sat tv is on HDMI 1 and dvd is on HDMI 2.

How is your TV adapter connected to the TV?
I have Oticon aids and the Oticon TV adapter, my TV is connected to the adapter by way of an audio fiber optical cable. I have a DVD, a DVR and even the internet connected to my TV and have no issues with sound to my aids.

Have you tried setting your sound to optical on your TV and then making sure your TV Connector is plugged into the optical port?

1 Like

Look at the little light on the streamer- when green, it is receiving and transmitting sound.

@ Dbalf01
This is from page 21 of the phonak tv connector manual.
This must be done in the DVD player sound settings :

Switch to Dolby Audio™ or
stereo (PCM) audio format in the
audio settings of your source (e.g. TV).
If this is not possible, use the analog
(3.5 mm jack) audio cable instead.

1 Like

My tv box is connected to the digital optical port. When my Bose Soundbar is connected to this port it works perfectly well on both HDMI 1 and 2.

Look at GrayGhost’s post.

Thank you I will try this out later today.

Thank you - that has worked with the analogue option

I suspect changing the sound output on the dvd player would have done it as well, as GrayGhost mentioned.
Also, what version of tv connector do you have? The version with the buttons on top should work with Dolby. No buttons needs non-Dolby. The one with buttons can take either.