I asked Himsa what the difference between the Noahlink and Noahlink 2 was. Here is their reply

Hello Ron,

Thank you for your inquiry. Because of a parts shortage, we are no longer able to produce the original Noahlink Wireless so we were in a position to create Noahlink Wireless 2 with backwards compatibility. If you have a working Noahlink Wireless 1, there is no need to upgrade until necessary. For more details, please see:

Noahlink Wireless 2 now released – HIMSA

Noahlink Wireless 2 – HIMSA

I hope this helps!

Kind regards,
Andrea Dennis
HIMSA Inc
USA

What has my interest is where they say “there is no need to upgrade until necessary.”
I think it may be that the hearing aids in the future will have functions/settings that the original Noahlink will not be able to access.
Unfortunately their answer is very vague as you can read for yourself.

2 Likes

It’s already well known and been mentioned many times in the forum there’s no difference in the way it works,the only difference is the bluetooth version from BLE 4.2 to 5.?
The Noahlink wireless is the industry standard for programming, so what’s happening with HAs now and in the future is everything is moving to LE Audio, so possibly in a galaxy far far away the Noahlink wireless 2 will be a requirement.

3 Likes

What they are implying is if your Noahlink 1 should become inoperative, not obsolete.
As @tenkan mentioned, the 1 is the industry standard, and as long as it’s working “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”!
The only funtion the Noahlink serves is to connect your HAs to the OS software for comms.