How to reinforce custom earmold?

It has been a depressing week for me. My right custom ITE just broke when it fell to the floor. To make things worse, this unit just came back from a repair for the very same reason! I find the acrylic mold far too slippery to handle easily, and there is a risk of bumping them out when I play with kids. Looking at the innards the acrylic shell seems extremely thin too.

Has anyone found any tricks to reinforce the plastic, or at least increase friction for better handling?

Oh that’s a bummer, especially so soon after getting it back, but these things happen, hope you don’t get charged too much for repair! so do you have a canal lock to help keep them positioned,also do you have the retrieval cord fitted (looks like a piece of fishing line) to help with removal, you’d keep hold of this while putting into your case for overnight storage, as for the acrylic it’s supposed to be nice and smooth, otherwise it’d be irritating and painful when using.

I had one that had a sticky coating on it which helped it stay in the ear.

Is that soft silicone rubber, or something else, was it easy to clean?

The ITE is actually rather big, sticking out of my ears about 2-3mm. I had the extraction cords cut off, otherwise they would look really silly and obvious. After returning from the first repair the surface was super smooth and slippery. Seeing how fragile it was even after repair I decided to just DIY and apply super glue all around the crack. Now at least it’s much rougher and easier to hold. Will see how long this lasts.

Oh ok, well do be careful with the super glue, it’s pretty toxic substance,I also wonder about the resonance with a repair like this now,one thing it does make it a little harder to remove once those cords are removed, but something you can get used to.