How to record calls on iphone when using my hearing aids?

My search terms didn’t bring up an answer, so asking here. My hearing aids and iPhone are connected so I hear the calls directly through my aids. I need to record both sides of a phone conversation. How can I do that? With my iPhone/hearing aid streaming, the caller’s voice isn’t heard externally, so I can’t just turn on a recorder and pick up both sides of the conversation. Is there an app that would record the conversation?

Try InnoCaption phone app. Works for me

1 Like

Thanks nelhop. What I was looking for though is the ability to record a conversation for future reference. Since I posted I’ve been hunting around and testing and found a simple way to do it. Just turn my iPhone audio to speaker. The sound no longer comes through my aids, but since it goes out into the air I can use a separate handheld recorder to catch both sides of the conversation. I thought I wouldn’t be able to hear the caller if I disengaged the audio streaming directly into my aids, but I can. So, problem solved. Just posting the solution in case it ever comes up for someone else.

1 Like

On InnoCaption the call is transcribed and recorded. You can find the call under recents and read it as often as you like. Try it. It’s totally free. Their customer service is excellent if you have questions.

4 Likes

If you are doing this for fun, go for it. If it is for some serious, or legal purpose, you may need a more modern solution.

I’ve got “call recorder” app, it records both sides of the call. The only downside is it’s not a free app, it has an annual fee attached, $79.00 AU.

Thank you everyone, I appreciate these options.