How to disable audio streaming in Jabra Enhance Pro 20 from hearing aid

I occasionally need to use “find my device” to force my phone to ring when I misplace my phone.

Unfortunately, this causes the ring to stream to my hearing aids as well as ring on the phone. And, it’s hard to find the phone when it’s ringing directly in the hearing aids as well. With my KS9 I was able to stop the streaming by holding down the volume button to change the program. Unfortunately, with the Jabras changing the programming doesn’t stop the streaming.

Anyone know if there is a way to stop the audio stream from the jabra hearing aids themselves?

I’m using a Pixel 7 Pro if that helps.

I would ask your HCP at Costco if they can program the buttons on your hearing aid to do as you wish.

You may have to give up something that’s currently controlled with the buttons. So you may have to decide which is more important to you.

2 Likes

Try enabling flight mode. That will turn Bluetooth off at the aids.

2 Likes

I’ve tried enabling flight mode. The steps provided say to turn off hearing aid and hold button for 9 seconds. When I turn off the hearing aids by holding down the button and press the button for 9 seconds, it just turns back on and re-syncs with phone. I don’t get the double-flashes and Bluetooth is still enabled. Has anyone successfully enabled flight mode on these hearing aids?

This is copy/paste from the manual:
Turning off wireless communication (activating Flight Mode)

1. Turn off your hearing aid.
  2. Press the button for 9 seconds.
  3. Your hearing aid will double-flash four times. If you are wearing your hearing aids at the time, you will hear
    double tones ( ) for about 10 seconds, meaning the hearing aid is now in Flight Mode.
    Activating wireless communication (turning off Flight Mode)
  4. Turn your hearing aid off and then on.
  5. Wireless communication will be activated after 10 seconds

How annoying, you follow the user guide for this and it doesn’t work!
What happens if you just hold the button for 9 seconds?
Another reason I prefer the disposable battery versions, is all you need to do to disable wireless operation by is opening and closing the battery compartment three times within ten seconds.

1 Like

That’s possibly an error in the manual and should say “on” instead of “off.” Try holding the buttons as described with the aids on.

Likely due to programming and phone syncing the aids default to bluetooth on when they turn on. There probably could be an option to swap the default, but the manufacturers don’t want to do this for some reason.

2 Likes

If it’s on and I hold the button for 9 seconds, it turns the hearing aid off.

The best way to reboot these hearing aids is to put them momentarily into the charger. I tried holding down the button for 9 seconds after that as well and it just turns them off.

I’ll ask about programing on my follow up visit.

1 Like

Hmm, possibly the instructions are correct as you’re saying if it is on and hold 9 seconds, it goes off. That would seem to indicate flight mode has to be activated from an off state.

But then if off and hold 9 seconds, it goes on, but there is not the double-flash four times or the double tones?

I does not sound like it can work from the charger as removing the aids will turn them on.

Try playing with this more from the off state out of the charger to see if it’s sensitive to 9 seconds exactly.