How to change encased receiver on my ReSound LiNX Quattro

I have ReSound LiNX Quattro RIC ts61 HA’S, They have the customer hard ear mold for the Receiver. I would like to change just the right ear to a dome receiver. Does anyone know if this is possible and what receiver is compatable and where I could buy it. I got my HA’S from VA. but don’t mind paying for new receiver if I can avoid the difficulty and time delays to get a VA appointment.

Sure you could do it, it’s easy enough.
Just be sure to get the correct length when you replace, not sure how you’ll know what size tho, as it’s written on the end of the receiver.
You can find plenty on eBay

The other thing to know is that the Resound receiver can be used with a mould or a dome. There is no difference. You need to have the right power (MP, HP or whatever) and the right length of wire. Size 3 is probably a good starting point if you can’t see what is written on the existing one.

It can be hard to get the receiver out of the existing mould without breaking it, so starting with a new receiver is a good plan.

You should really change the settings in the fitting software after changing the mould to a dome, but if it works without feedback then don’t worry about it.

1 Like