The CS44 cables were red and blue at the connector end. The Flex Connect cables look the same. I struggled a little bit with which way to connect the 2 together because they’re so small and fragile and I can’t see the connectors very clearly even with reading glasses, and I didn’t want to force it unless I know I had them lined up right. But I looked it up and found an example. Basically you need to line them up so that the tail of the CS44 connector and the tail of the FlexConnect are at 180 degrees.
Yes, I mentioned that I created a new user profile from scratch for my set of 85dB receivers (I’m wearing them now instead of my 105dB receivers just to see how they compare). Originally in the fitting with my audi, for some reason she had to run the feedback analyzer and enabled it because I experienced feedback. But this time I didn’t have to and still have no feedback. There were some settings I was not aware of like to increase the bass on the receiver for Phone and TV streaming mode, which she never mentioned to me.
Also in the original fitting with the audi, for some reason I experienced distortion on the high ends on my right HA (with the HF profound loss) on the 85dB receivers before but now I don’t with the default, don’t know why. Bottom line is my audi had to do fine tuning on the volume balance and a bunch of volume adjustments at a few frequencies before until I was happy. But now everything seems to work just fine and actually better at default without much fiddling around. So it’s kind of the opposite of the process. Normally you’d expect to fiddle around after the audi’s default programming, but in my case the audi’s fiddling made it worse and I put it back to default and it was better. But nevertheless, in the end I’m happier with my own setting than the one the audi had for me. It also goes to show how easy the Genie 2 programming software is that it seems to work well right off the bat without much fiddling around. But I’ll still fiddle around with the options because I’m sure I’ll want to change this and that.
As for the mask values, below is my audiogram. If you noticed on the right ear, it has a couple of values (40 and 60) in the Mask Oppos field, whatever that means. The Genie 2 audiogram template has the AC and BC and below it is “m” field. I assumed that it was the same as the “mask oppos” field so I entered in those 2 values. But it totally messed up the simulated insertion gain. So I removed those 2 values from the Genie 2 audiogram and everything start looking and working much better.