How to buy a mini Pro (USB 2.0 Hearing Aid Programmer)

Sorry I wasn’t implying that the other places offer the MiniPro, I don’t know if they do. I was just saying in general about having more online competition is good for us because it keeps them on their toes for better customer service.

1 Like

Yes of course I understand what you were saying about competition. I was going that extra step to then wonder if they would sell the programming box separately without getting aids from them as apparently Buyhear might. And the cables too.
After all this with Buyhear…I’d like to know how TRY came to even know that Buyhear would allegedly sell this stuff.
Other than these delays…I’ve had fine experiences with whoever answers the phone at Buyhear. I sympathize with your situation and perspective though.

Tony (Abarsanti) who bought his OPNs from BuyHear reported on this forum that he got the MiniPro from BuyHear for $175 after actually trying to order a Oticon ExpressLink originally. I think that’s how TRY learned about it. Others inquired with BuyHear, too, like pvc and gkumar and you and I. I think pvc just wanted to know the price. TRY, Gkumar and I actually placed the order.

If I were you, not having placed the order yet, I’d call the other 2 places and inquire if they sell the MiniPro kit or not. Audiometrix (hearingaids.pro) said they’ll beat any price. Maybe you can get $175 from them for it.

The Audiometrix toll-free number was not accessible for me. So I tracked them down via whois and called the number listed there and got to an outfit called Hear-Tech. I asked if they were related and she said yes. I asked about being able to buy programming boxes separately and she came back with no they don’t sell them.
Factorydirecthearing.com didn’t answer the phone.
Edit: This morning (Sep 21) they answered the phone. No they don’t.

Thanks for the history of how we got to know that Buyhear would sell these things.

I suspect part of their selling them is related to their practice of sending customers a programming device for adjustments. If they can sell something else and avoid shipping a programmer back and forth, so much the better. AliExpress’s bulk prices aren’t much better than their retail so $225 for programmer, cables and pills or flex strips still seems pretty fair.

I absolutely agree. Which is why I will be ordering a set when they have them in stock.

I got an email reply back from BuyHear.com today from my email request for an order status update. Gavin was the person who responded and he said that their inventory ran out just as I ordered. He said that he submitted for a big bulk PO for more but the supplier’s bank rejected their wired fund transfer 3 times for some reason. He said that they don’t expect the shipment for at least another week due to it being an international shipment.

Did we get any confirmation that the wire went through, so that the shipment can be made?

I think @z10user2 said that Luke (the owner) confirmed with him that the payment finally went through last Friday.

I called this morning and Teresa said still yet another week for stock to arrive. Slow boat from China? I think there’s a couple few folks here (Volusiano, gkumar, TRY) that have placed orders so it would be helpful to hear if you get a shipped confirmation.

I got an email from Buyhear saying that they’ve received their shipment and I have placed my order. Hopefully you folks that ordered already will get a shipping confirmation shortly.

Thanks for letting us know. They’re supposed to email us with the FedEx tracking # after they’ve shipped so hopefully we’ll hear from them soon as well. If I do I’ll report back.

I ordered a mini Pro from Aliexpress. Currently waiting on them to confirm my payment details. Hopefully it’ll come through and ship soon.

Hello, just wanted to chime in that we can match the $175 price if anyone was still interested.

I’m very confused. I assume that “User1” above is Audiometrix since the profile says it’s hearingaids.pro (you should find a better alias than “User1” by the way. Why don’t you use the Audiometrix alias?

Anyway, I’m quoting the post below from user z10user2 from this same thread saying that he tried to ask Audiometrix and the sales person said that they don’t sell them.

Then on top of that, the number for Audiometrix was not accessible and z10user2 had to call a number for Hear-Tech. So you can see how confusing it is, is it “User1” or “Audiometrix” or “Hear-Tech” or “Hearingaids.pro”? And do you guys sell the MiniPro or don’t you? The names and the story is all over the map.

Yeah that would suck. I sure could’ve saved $50 that would be even more in CDN$. I called this company several days ago and they said they didn’t sell this stuff. I’ve now placed the order with Buyhear as they now have it in stock.
Now the guy pops back in and says hey I’m here and I’ll do that.
We’ll see what he might answer with pvc’s question as to what all is included.

Volusiano; I’m in Canada. An entity can subscribe to a toll free service and limit the geographic area that can call it. (I have no clue why other than maybe cost. Wouldn’t you want the maximum number of people able to call you?) I assume this is what happened as I’ve come across it before trying to call things in the US. Perhaps someone in the US can test the Audiometrix toll free number. 1-800-820-8040
I did have to do some sleuthing to find a regular phone number though as Audiometrix didn’t show one on their site.
Also…I called Buyhear today (on their perfectly fine toll free number) and Luke said probably shipping Monday. Maybe we’ll all get our shipping confirmations then.

Forum name was not chosen by me, happened automatically during switch to new forums, my apologies. I’ll get it squared away soon, just recently started using the site again.

I’m the owner of Audiometrix. I’m happy to help answer any questions. Toll free number does not work outside of the U.S. You can call 719-380-0777.

Our local hearing aid center is called Hear-Tech. I corrected my receptionist after she told someone we didn’t offer it. She was confused because we just give our patients Hi-Pros for free if they ask.

I’ll double check if we have the minis in stock, and see what all is included as well. But either way we will beat Buy-Hear or anyone else. Lowest price on anything hearing aid related. Doesn’t matter if we dont make a dime, a guarantee is a guarantee. We’ve been doing it for 25 years.

Thanks guys and sorry for the confusion.

User1:
So you give your patients a free Hipro for the asking. What about if someone is not yet a patient/customer? Still free? That would be awesome. :slight_smile: I kinda doubt it of course. So everything always has a price. Do you sell your Hipro’s separately to non-patients? If so, how much? Would it include relevant cables? If so, how much? If not, are the cables available? If so, how much?
And then there’s the Mini Pro. Same set of questions.
Thanks. Not that it would help me now. But for future readers.

If BuyHear hasn’t shipped your order, they may let you cancel. When they gave me a status update via email a week or two back, they offered me to cancel the order if I didn’t want to wait.

Also to clarify, shipping is included in the $175.