How often does the Jodi-Vac filter need to be changed?

I received my brand new Jodi-vac today. The instructions say that the little baggie that comes with it is suppoed to contain the “pink” size needle, the reamer that is used to clean clogs out of the needle, and a spare filter. My baggie was missing the spare filter, and I have sent a contact message to Jodi-Vac to send me one.

But, I am also wondering: how often does that filter actually need to be changed? Is it frequently or rarely? I imagine it depends to at least some extent on how much wax a user’s ears produced, but can anyone who has the Jodi-Vac give me some idea? Also, how much does the filter cost?

I am asking all this because I live in Canada, so the shipping cost" is ridiculously high, so I will likely buy more than one filter at a time just to lower the shipping cost per filter!

Jim G

I have Oticon aids that have wax filters. I take the filter out when it’s clogged and soak it in hydrogen peroxide a couple of days. This process makes the filters like new, no need to buy new ones.
Everybody is different with wax build up. I change filters every 2 - 3 months.

Thank-you DAMurphy.

Jim G

I change the Jodi-Vac filter about once every six months. Each filter should have a little white foam ball in it. If there is sufficient suction airflow through the filter tube, the ball should remain suspended in air at the top of the filter tube. I can almost fill a filter tube with wax and still have enough airflow to keep the indicator ball suspended. You can move the balls from tube to tube in the event a filter tube comes without a ball.

Thank-you, Jim Lewis!

Jim G

I love my Jodi Vac. I no longer have to go to my provider for cleanings.