How do l read or understand my hearing test results

Whoever conducted the test should be able to review the results with you and answer any questions you might have. At the very least, you have normal hearing in both ears from 250Hz - 1000Hz then both ears show moderate to severe hearing loss above those thresholds. Your tympanogram is a measure of pressure on either side of the eardrum and it is in the normal range.

Your word recognition scores, speech Discrimination graph, tell you how well you understand the spoken word with some amplification.

In your case, with your right ear you are getting 100% of the words correct at 60db, and in the left ear about 92% correct at 70db.

So it looks like some amplification would be beneficial.

You might want to take a look at a speech banana chart to see what you are missing without amplification and what you can still hear well.

Thanks for your reply,l was in a server car accident an was wondering if the loss of hearing was related or caused by any of the injuries l sustained

I don’t recall having a hearing test were there was so much loss of hearing in the left ear

Also since the accident l suffer from double vision an blurred vision when reading small text in messages an blurred double vision at a distance when reading subtitles or tv guide menu or movie description was 45 at the time an was told it’s because of my age an getting old in relation to my eyes,

Thanks for the reply just wondering if the hearing loss is or was caused and related to a car accident l was in an with now having double vision an blurred

I’m not a doctor. A doctor is who you need to ask these types of questions.

2 Likes