How can I switch between iPhone mic vs Phonak mic?

Isn’t this fun!..…………

I believe there is just a language issue here

2 Likes

Yes, you’re right. i am from the other side of the world and just want to use hearing aids as a “pure well equipped mind” could use.

Ehhh. forgot it. Thanks a lot for everyone.

1 Like

No, telecoil is not the solution for this malfunction.

It’s not a malfunction! It’s a very well designed technology.
The hands free function of Phonak Marvel and Paradise aids is wonderful. I flat loved them. Miss this technology now with the no hands free Cochlear technology.
Good luck with this.

Do you ever used that in noisy environment? Your partner understand you - really? (or just say to you…that they understand you)

My phone partner never understand me when i am on noisy environment and I can’t go away from that place! never, just hear a lot of others chatting and talking to each other. Hear like I always hear in landline phone with classical BTE hearing aids before…

So they should enable for us the switching between phone mic and aids built in mic when make a phone call with a bluetooth connected phone. As you can switch between iphone loudspeaker or normal receiver.

The “James Bond” method by phonak isn’t the best way everywhere, everytime.

1 Like

I am seeing that now Rick on a Phonak blurb, apologies to you, it defo says the 675 has TC, but in all honesty, where to switch it on in Target is anybody’s guess? I see my AuD on Wednesday, so I will ask…. Thank you for the correction, perhaps the AuD has to switch this feature on? Cheers Kev :wink:

1 Like

Yes I have.

This hands free phone call is absolutely slick to me. 95% of the time it was great. The other 5% of the time I learned how to move to another spot with less wind or noise to get better communication. It really simple to adjust to.

Your hearing is getting bad enough to understand what I am saying. Us hard of hearing people learn how to deal with these things. You have great hearing aids. If you are able to communicate with your family and deal with your job, you are fortunate.

I hope you figure this out and good luck.

1 Like

My english skill is much more weak than I would like to explain what I would like to say. I have to make phone calls in various environment. I don’t understand why we don’t got chance to change the input of mic at phone calls. It is a joke.

Oh I hope not. That’ll be disappointing.

Upon further investigation, via some prompting @Raudrive, it would appear TC is on the UP version, it states so in their blurb…. Unfortunately I can’t find it in Target, I see my AuD this week, and I will ask for it to be activated, and hopefully it will be done…. Cheers Kev :wink:

1 Like

Hey men!
This topic and my question are NOT about telecoil!!!

Please do not replay here in those thread. Make a new topic for that.
Thank you.

Phonak, the largest hearing aid manufacturer, forces people with hearing loss to choose who is going to hear a phone conversation, you or the person on the other end of the call. You are forced out of streaming the call to both ears (which is crucial for many) if in even the tiniest bit of noise because the other person cannot hear you. So you switch out of BT, hold the phone to one ear and cheer on Apple and (non HIA) OTC!

No and no.

We want to hear via bluetooth. And would like to select between iPhone’s microphone versus Phonak built-in microphone. Why don’t you understand that the phone call with phonak built in microphone is not the good for my partner everywhere just when I am on a silent environment. He will hear too much around of me.

I’m sorry, but this is unfortunately not possible.
I exactly understand what you want. And I whish myself, Phonak would implement this feature if it is anyhow possible to do this!
My work around is: I set up a manual program called “accustic phone”. This one I use when my counterpart complains about noise on my side. Instead of BT-connection. Yes, it then uses the phones audio loudspeakers and I have to hold the phone to the HA. The advantage is that I heare the counterpart on both HA’s. It is not as good as the BT-sound-quality, but it helps.
The accustic phone program has to be added by your fitter.

You need to tell Phonak this. Telling us won’t change anything. We all know this!

I completely understand and share your frustration, that is what I am saying.

1 Like

If I’m understanding you - you want to hear your callers voice through BT - but want your voice to go through the iPhone mic. Right? I don’t think that can be done. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

OMG…
I have an iPhone SE (1st gen) with a Phonak Paradise (Phonak Naida P70 UP) hearing aids. This phonak (and I think all of newer aid will works like this) can receive my sound throught the aid’s microphone as a wireless “James Bond” set do. (or as the apple’s airpod and the chinese clones do) Well this works very well in silent environment, in an office in a closed car etc. BUT This absolutely useless in a noisy environment or in a public transport or in the street etc. In these cases I want to speaking into the iphone’s microphone because this in close to my lips. I hear my partner throught bt connection in this case too! And I can mute the aid’s microphone and I am in a “silent” and hear my partner absolutely clearly.

Now this is the year of 2021… Why Phonak doesn’t allow this simple operation switch? At least they have to allow me before phone call to select which way want to make a phone call.

You are preaching to the wrong choir here, you need to complain directly to Phonak. And be advised that with the IOS 15 and the correct aids more than likely new creation of hearing aids they will also be able to be totally hands free, not sure if there will be an option to choose between the aids and iPhone then either. It will more than likely be up to the hearing aid companies.