How can I stop phone calls from interrupting my streaming audio?

Thanks, I’ll give it try and let you know how I get on.

I don’t like the phone in my hearing aids either. To have the other person’s voice panned center in my head is something I couldn’t get used to.

I have a Clarity phone at home and a cell. I prefer both of them on speaker if I am in a place that’s appropriate.

Bob

In my android, there’s a setting in the Bluetooth settings that let’s me choose what device I want sounds and calls to go to. I don’t know if iPhone has a similar Bluetooth setting.

All this does is ensures every call I receive gets broadcasted on the speaker, whether or not I’m streaming at the time.

Isn’t that what you want?!

I want the call to be routed to the phone’s “ear piece” as opposed to being broadcast to the external speaker.

Like an old fashioned handset. You lift the reciever to your ear!

On my phone…Android LG G8 Thin-Q

1. Longpress the Bluetooth symbol at top pull-down
  2. Locate Hearing Aid (on mine it’s just the R Aid)
  3. Press the little GEAR next to the Hearing Aid
  4. Note on-off tick selections for streaming audio & PHONE CALLS
  5. Turn OFF the PHONE CALLS, but leave streaming audio on

I have Phonak P90s hooked up via multi-point BT to my work & personal iPhones. I’ve been told that I sound great on phone calls via the HAs, FWIW. I use the tap control to ignore phone calls if I don’t want to take them. Of course, random strangers think I’m smacking myself in the head, but that’s the price you pay for cool tech!

1 Like

He has the P70s. I don’t think they have tap control.

I have P90/312; no tap control.

It’s no big deal. As I said I have “R-Phonak hearing aid” disconnected most of the time which stops calls coming through to my HAs. This is my choice. Twice a day I reconnect for 30 minutes to stream radio during dog walking. Thanks to this thread I have learnt I don’t need to open the phone app (which takes so long) in order to decrease ambient sound during streaming.

1 Like