How can I completely stop Google Assist?

Situation: While in a call or meeting using my Samsung S20 with most up to date Android OS.

Issue: If I touch my Phonak L90’s to adjust comfort or volume, or if certain sounds occur (like a printer printing, even water running) the Google Assist attempts to start. When the Google Assist attempts to start, it almost always results in causing any app or call I am currently using to psuse or disconnect.

Additional note: The Google Assist option is turned “off” in the Google main profile app / option settings. This does not prevent Google Assist from continuing to pop up and ask if I want to turn on Google Assist (pulls what little hair I have left out!).

Anyone have the solution to prevent Google - Android from doing this?

Please…

In settings.
Search Google assistant.
There is a long list of items associated with Google assistant.
Make sure all are turned off.
I have the Pixel 3.

I found that I had to turn off voice activation of Assistant on the phone. Too many unintended activations. Plus I turned off tap control on the aids via Target. I think others have turned that off via the app.

Then I changed the phone to gestures instead of the three icons on the bottom. Which frees up some screen space and allows starting Assistant with a diagonal swipe from the bottom corner.

2 Likes

You can have it turned off in the hearing aid software.

2 Likes

Can you not turn off notifications in your phone? I’m not a Android user but I can in iOS devices.

1 Like

I was just catching up with everyone’s replies. Thank you for you input… everyone.

Neville’s reply advised me of an option I was not aware of . I took his advice as the simplest solution.

This is what it looks like in the app:

The last two pics show the simple switch for
Voice Assistant off.

Thanks again @Neville and everyone.

I love this forum.

2 Likes

Ahha! I didn’t know they’d added that control to the app. Nice update; good to know. Thank YOU.

1 Like