How accurate for battery level is myPhonak app?

Lately I have been leaving my KS9s turned on and in my ears all night streaming nature sounds and music in order to block out the neighborhood “disk jockey” who was keeping me up all night. (I tried every type and strength of earplugs first and none were effective.) It has worked quite well and I now wake up refreshed, but myPhonak insists in the am that it “can’t find” my aids even though I can still hear quite well for hours and hours without changing the batteries.
Whom should I respond to as to when to replace them - my ears or myPhonak?

I’m kinda disappointed in not getting any replies or suggestions to this problem. Did I post it incorrectly? It’s still happening every morning. MyPhonak says it can’t find my hearing aids but I feel like they are working, then hours later myPhonak finds them.

Yeah I get what your saying, sometimes it’s just that others are not having this or its been mentioned many times in other posts, but for me I’d first check the version of myphonak your using and the version of android you have, getting these correct can make a big difference, but why not just reboot myphonak and hearing aids in the morning, this would give the correct readings straight away?

1 Like

not sure why you are having this problem. KS9 are very old hearing aids because in the meantime 2 newer generations of phonak hearing aids appeared, and it is possible that they changed something in the application, which is why it no longer works properly. The app has seen several major updates since your hearing aids came out. … I would first try deleting the app and re-installing and connecting to the hearing aids. If that doesn’t help, I would try to find a slightly older version of the myphonak application, maybe it will solve the problem you are having.

1 Like

I don’t think the app is very accurate at measuring battery levels. I’d ignore the app and replace batteries when the hearing aids start chiming.

1 Like

@MDB is that for rechargeable as well, we know the disposable can be a little out of wack in the App.

1 Like

I don’t know about rechargeables, but KS9 uses disposables.

1 Like

Actually, I use the latest version of myPhonak because, when it works it gives me the best phone connection. And, as my phone is a Pixel, I always have the most recent version of Android as well.
Thanks anyway for everyone’s suggestions.
This only started happening about a week ago. Up until then, everything was working great, but it’s weird when I’m looking at myPhonak and it says “Connection to your hearing aids failed” yet I’m hearing EVERYTHING whereas I hear almost nothing without my hearing aids so I know they are working. Discarding and replacing the batteries doesn’t help either, and of course with myPhonak not connecting the biggest problem is my wife’s PartnerMic not coming throughj. I guess I will try to delete and reinstall myPhonak.

1 Like

Got distracted by subject line. It sounds like you’re losing the connection to the streaming. Nothing to do with battery level in app. Also, app isn’t necessary to stream. Huh. I didn’t think the MyPhonak app worked anymore with KS9. I’m really unclear what is going on.

1 Like

Thanks to everyone who replied for your suggestions!

I have KS9s and I’m using the latest version of My Phonak (6.6.0) on my Pixel 3A (Android 11).
Like you I started having random connectivity issues. I ended up going to the Bluetooth settings and telling it to “forget” the hearing aids, then went through the pairing process again. It’s been working prefectly since then. It’s worth a try.

Good luck!

Thank you - that’s a great suggestion!
I will try that and report back!

I don’t even use the app to check for battery levels- my Phonaks are connected all day by Bluetooth to my phone (Zenfone 8; for phone calls, podcast, occasional music, internet radio and more), and the icon shows how the batteries are doing. The icon is small, but as the replies here say, the info is not that accurate either.