Hi pro install cd

hi there everyone,is there anyone here who can supply a copy of the hi pro install cd rom,as im having a problem installing my hi pro,just cant get any of the software(phonak target oticon genie) or my computer running xp sp3 to see it find it?just not being detected at all by the software keeps telling me thats its not connected(hi pro lights up when plugged in), tried a few different drivers from the software but nothing:confused:i have the older model hi pro serial com port not the usb type ,so hoping the cd rom will do it,if not iv brought a dud of ebay!!:mad:

1 Like

good luck!

let us know what solution you find.

thanks, elijah

You don’t need any install cd for the serial hipro. If you are using an rs232 serial port on the pc you just need to have the com port correctly set-up on the pc. Make sure you are using a NULL MODEM serial cable… If the lights flash on the hi-pro when you plug it in it is probably ok. Reading from the hi-pro user manal;
‘On power-up the LEDs next to the connectors on the front panel will both flash once indicating that a brief self-test is in progress.
After the self-test is finished, only the power LED will light. If only the left LED flashes, the self-test has failed and you should try powering on again.’

If you are using a serial to usb adapter there are many on the forum who can give advice about this. I have no experience of the usb to serial adapters though. Good luck.

1 Like

You may need the Hi-Pro driver

http://hi-pro-usb-drivers.software.informer.com/

But this is the Hi-pro usb driver. O.P. has the serial Hi-pro.

1 Like

Hi guys,I have the driver’s installed and the lights do flash for a second when first started, iv tryed so many things to get the PC and even the software to see the hipro,just no luck at all,I’m also sure it a com port set up problem so if anyone knows the correct way to set this up please let me know,I’m also going to try a new null serial cable just to be sure there as well.

1 Like

If you go into Device Manager and clic COM and LPT, select Communications Port. When the ‘Communication Port Properties’ dialogue box opens you can see at the bottom if the device is enabled. Hit the ‘Port settings’ tab to see the detailed settings and then the Advanced’ button, if you wish to change the port number .

My serial Hi-pro works well with the following port settings, I think these are normal default settings.

(My com port is set to Com 1)

Bits per second 9600
Data bits 8
Parity None
Stop bits 1
Flow control None

Under ‘Advanced’ I have ‘Use FIFO buffers’ checked and ‘Receive’ and ‘Transmit’ buffers both set to high.

1 Like

Thanks for that,I’ll check those settings and make sure I set mine the same,but when you have your hi pro running what does it show up as? does it say hi pro or just communication device?is the hi pro only detected through the software?

Hi, I don’t have it all hooked up at the moment but I think the hi-pro is only detected by the fitting software. Incidently you may find that you need to set a different com port number, depending on the computer you have. On my previous computer the port needed to be set to com2. Sometimes changing com settings can require a reboot to effect the changes (I am told).
Perhaps someone more computer savy than me can help here if you still continue to have problems. Good luck.

1 Like

Hi there,well that’s something I haven’t try’d,rebooting the computer after changing the com port…where did you get the driver’s from that you have installed? are they from the software (PHONAK target) or from Noah or from the hi pro its self, I will try later tonight to put some pictures up of some of the things we have been talking about as this may point to something? Thanks

To be honest I just installed the fitting software and then simply connected the Hi-pro with a null modem lead and switched it on. I then connected to it using the fitting software. The drivers for the hi-pro are, I believe, included in the fitting software.

Hi there everyone just to let all know thanks to wireman I now have the hi pro up and running, changing the com ports and then rebooting the PC has done it me,so can now program my HA:-)

Hi, I found a good selection Hi-Pro driver, and manual.
When I installed and plugged in my Hi-Pro, I got the automatic update version in my Hi-Pro.

http://loreca.com/index.php/products/digital-hearing-aid-programmer

For anyone else having a problem with windows and serial version of hi-pro check out http://www.help2hear.org/10HA/FAQ1/3)%20Using%20A%20Serial%20Hi%20Pro%20And%20Windows%207%20To%20Run%20Phonak%20Hearing%20Aid%20Programming%20Software.pdf
Good info, especially for windows 7 and hi-pro and phonak.

I have three Hi Pro boxes and they all act funny at times.

Hopefully one day, there will be something more consistent and reliable.

Hi,
Most reliable High Pro that I used, is Madsen. With a serial port COM. I chose UCB - serial adapter. There are no problems.
:smiley:

I have an original serial Hi-Pro and specifically use with Phonak Target. I am using Windows 7 SP1 64 bit but would expect Windows 10 to work the same.

First using a desktop computer with a serial port I set the port as COM2 and the settings listed above:
Bits per second 9600
Data bits 8
Parity None
Stop bits 1
Flow control None

Under ‘Advanced’ I have ‘Use FIFO buffers’ checked and ‘Receive’ and ‘Transmit’ buffers both set to high.

After I installed the prerequisites and Phonak software then rebooted the computer from running Phonak Target then selecting Hi-Pro as the fitting device then selecting serial RS232 connection the Hi-Pro was found.
Following on the Hi-Pro firmware was checked and reported as up to date. I do not know what would have happened if not e.g. does the Phonak software contain the firmware update.

I then installed the software on a laptop. I have a generic USB-RS232 adaptor that requires the Prolific PL2303 driver.
I installed this then again set as port COM2 plus the same settings, these were default.

Just as before selecting serial RS232 connection the Hi-Pro was found.

For the cable both a prewired null modem cable and a cable made following the instructions in this file found on-line work.

silo.tips_using-a-serial-hi-pro-and-windows-7-to-run-phonak-hearing-aid-programming-software.pdf

Note that while the text correctly states that pin2 of one connector is joined to pin3 of the the other the diagram is wrong as it shows pin2 <> pin2 and pin3 <> pin3 !!

1 Like