Help with upgrading firmware on Phonak Roger inspiro

Hey guys. i dont think im doing anything wrong. i just got a phonak inspiron from ebay. i charged it a bit. the mike seems constantly muted. i cant get it to connect to my roger recevers. i tried with pen on and with pen off. it always says no receivers detected. so then i tried to upgrade firmware. target is not detecting it, neigther is the upgrader that i downloaded from phonk. both my pens are detected and firmware is written. inspiro it just keeps searching and detecting and detecting and nothing. nothing!

i am starting to think its defective but wanted to see here before, i bought it through paypal and my elite credit card with a warranty so i m not worried about money back. i just want to be sure its not working. any help?

I don’t think it works with Rodger pen, the MicroMLxS is mentioned in the user guide with audio boots, but not the pen, those older FM transmitter/receivers needed to be on the same FM channel as well to work. @Zebras may know about this.

It is definitely a Roger Inspiro and not the older version isn’t it?

Only the premium version can be updated to be Roger as well.

https://www.connevans.info/page/faqrad001

I find sometimes that you need to do a manual firmware upgrade for it to work as sometimes the automatic firmware upgrade didn’t always work.

1 Like

Just checking the screen looks like this or this? Altho yours won’t be H06 it’ll start with N.

Thats what it looks like. But upgrader does not even see it. And wheb i try to connect it to focus it just keeps saying receiver not found and a long text about how it’s supposed to be close to receivers blah blah blah. Ill take a picture tomorrow of it in different situations.

I bought it to upgrade my focus lol. The upgrader does detect my pens no problem. So I dont think its a problem with upgrader.

Did yiu mean whats on the screen?? Neither one lol. Ill take a pic

It needs to say Roger on the screen for it to connect to Roger receivers.

Sounds like you’ve got the old Inspiro that can’t work with the Roger System.

1 Like

Returning it. Return accepted :slight_smile: i just lost shipping and custom fees

My old man used to tell me “you can’t beat that education “
You have done well.

1 Like