Help! Where to buy BiCros that are inexpensive? NOT COSTCO

UPDATE: I HAD WAY MORE ISSUES WITH THE HAs THAN JUST THE APP. So, app aside, I still would not have kept them.

WELL, heck! I have insurance for TruHearing. What a bust! I had so much trouble with their hearing aids, etc so I just returned them today. Was going to go to Costco and try several brands for about the same price. Called to make appt, and BUST! They do not deal with Cros or BiCros. Seriously?

Any suggestions? I cant afford $6k for a pair of hearing aids. I am so bummed.

Do not suggest other brands from TruHearing. I tried that, but my insurance only covers their TruHearing brand (Signia). I need a different brand.

Thank you!

You’re not going to want to hear this, but the app is not a critical part of the hearing aid. Don’t install it and it won’t be an issue.

1 Like

Okaaaay, but that is the only way to control the HAs. All of the settings are in the app. If im in a noisy restaurant, I can adjust the settings. To turn them up or down, its all in the app. I dont see how i could do without the app. :woman_shrugging:

Most hearing aids have buttons that allow one to select programs and to increase/decrease volume. When I last had hearing aids made by Sivantos (Signia parent company) they had the best button setup that I’ve seen. The goal is to get the aids setup so that they require minimal diddling.

1 Like

I have older Audible aids
No app.
I control everything
with the aids.
Change programs.
Change volume.
Mute my aids.
When I use my tinnitus program I can control the volume of the sound while still being able to control the volume of the aids.
If you want more control over the aids then I guess you will need an app.
I do have cros aids.

1 Like

I did ask at an appt about the one button on each HA. The HIS told me that that would turn them off. Everything else would be done on the app. She spent a lot of time teaching me the app.

Mine had one button which the HIS told me would turn them off. She told me everything else had to be done on the app. She spent a lot of time teaching me the app.

Is it just a button or is kind of a toggle? Mine could be toggled up and down and each side could be programmed in the software to different tasks. Volume up and down on one side and programs on the other. If they couldn’t resolve your issues with the app they should be able to program the buttons.

if they are the standard over the ear devices with the rocker switch on the back of them then what the HIS told you is not true - the rocker switch can be used to increase and decrease volume and also be set up in a way so that if you give the button a longer press it can switch programs - The app wont do much more than that and will likely be more unreliable as most apps are with hearing aids

Buttons on both aids are toggle.
Each button is programmed for different things.

I had other issues than just the app. I need to move on from those and from other ones. Those wete not for me. Thanks for your help!

I did not like those hearing aids for numerous reasons. Moving onward and upward. It was not just the app. They are gone. Now, I need to find another pair. Thanks for your help!

1 Like

I had way too many other issues. Those are gone. Any suggestions on a place to buy a new pair? Thx!

The only two thoughts I have are: 1) Get recommendations for audiologists and be prepared to cough up the money or 2) Venture into the realm of Do it Yourself (check out that section of the forum) and purchase used aids. Might be tough find CROS.

Took a quick look on eBay. There are quite a few CROS hearing aids there, some new and most used. The OP might not be up to DIY but it is available.

2 Likes

You can turn any compatible pair of newer Widex into a CROS, but you still need a programmer.

2 Likes

No Sorry, I operate out of Australia and aside from Costco, who I understand does not provide any CROS solutions I’m not sure who you could go to for CROS

Thanks! Yeah, Im thinking I’ll have to cough ip the money. Grrrr… :rofl:

Thx! I’ll take a look. :smile:

Oh, Ok! Good to know! Thank you!