Help - self-programming oticon spirit zest p

Jimblob - that’s good to know - I have 2 x Oticon Spirit Zest CSP courtesy of the NHS but having failed so far to get the best out of them I think it’s time for a bit of self-programming. Need to get my Hi-Pro usb first, but hoping I can do the same as portausb and get some info from you?

Jack -
There are a couple of things, you need to get the Hi-Pro, then you need the leads and the ‘shoes’ for your hearing aids, and the software.
With the NHS aids, you can’t program them without a code from Oticon. They will ONLY give you a code if they believe you are NHS or an independent audiologist!
If you want, you can rent my Hi-Pro, leads etc for a month. I can give you the code I have for the CSPs but I’m not sure if it will work on another PC. But you can try…
Jamie

Only if you are NHS or working with the NHS (ordering NHS product), you won’t get it otherwise.

Hi Jimblob!

I would be grateful if you could share the source for the Oticon zest programming shoes…

Many thanks!

This ebay seller - in Norway! No problems . . . http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/bettersenses?ssPageName=ADME:X:CEM:GB:1181

Good luck
J

Thanks! Now for that code… hmmm lol

Oticon are very protective about these things. As a HPC registered dispenser I called them yesterday to request the equipment and I am still waiting for the call back to see if I am allowed or not.

Fingers crossed eh! :wink:

Looks like connevans may sell what you are looking for.

http://www.connevans.co.uk/product/3150/DOAP700/OTICON-audio-i-p-shoe-AP700---standard

1 Like

Thanks hear293 but this is a direct audio input shoe and I was looking for the programming shoe.

Sorry, I did note a pair is on ebay today, Don’t know if it would fit your HA.

I know this is an old post. But do you still have the software?

Hi Jimblob
Did you have any luck with this?
I need my backup Spirit Zest P’s reprogrammed, happy to get the kit and do it myself if I can.

Oh those are NHS models right, so you’ll need the “unlock code” for them, it’s available, but I’d suggest starting a new post/topic, as this is a few year’s old now, I’m sure someone will help out.

These Aids are really old, like more then 10 years old. No one has the unlock code for these. Just the newer NHS Oticon Aids. Same code doesn’t work for both.

That’s a real pain! Grr!

Oh that’s a bummer, but makes sense I guess to change for each platform released.

@tenkan

Phonak haven’t changed their code but all their Aids are called Nathos ……

I think it’s the name change that’s caused a code change but could be totally wrong? Or maybe the different updated software?

Yeah that’s what I was thinking, when they update the software or platform they would change it, but as you say Phonak haven’t so it’s hard to say exactly why.

@tenkan

The very first Phonak Nathos worked with iPFG rather than Target and used a different code. I didn’t mention that earlier. I’ve just remembered.

Is there an older software for older Oticon Aids?

It’s just Oticon Genie and Genie2.

Now that makes sense,very different software there.