Help for Hot Ears

Before I ask my question I would just like to share a quick tale about my life with my Phonak Naida M70s which I got a year or so ago. I rinsed out the dish cloth yesterday and put it on the kitchen tap (like my wife does!) and turned away to leave the room. As I did so I heard the dishcloth fall off the tap into the sink. I think that’s really something!! I didn’t see it out of the corner of my eye, I really heard it. Wow!

Now, my problem. When I’m wearing my aids (like most of the time) my ears get uncomfortably hot. Because of this I take the opportunity to take them out which means a delay if someone needs to speak to me. This isn’t something new to me, it’s always been a problem.

Can anyone suggest a treatment that might help? A cream, spray or - anything!

Any help will be really appreciated.

Hello @rogerinshoreham

I use Miracell, from Amazon UK, for skin relief inside my ears, a tiny drop goes a long way, so use very spareingly :wink: Its okay to take your aids out, I do this several times a day, when no one is about, unfortunately, with little or no venting, if its warm, your ears are going to get hot, it is not pleasant, just something we have to learn to live with, but try Miracell, it may help to give some relief… Cheers Kev :grin:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Miracell-vac09051-Skin-Relief-Lotion/dp/B0001AGMWE/ref=sr_1_5?crid=1ZZTT0ZWM1FK6&keywords=miracell+ear&qid=1687387416&sprefix=Mircell+ear%2Caps%2C78&sr=8-5

2 Likes

Do you have a fan? I find standing in front of a fan allowing it to direct into the canal can dry/cool the ear-or angling the ear canal into the wind if outside.

2 Likes

Hi Kevels55 and tinkyp,
Many apologies, I did reply from my email in box but I can see that didn’t work. I can see now that I had a couple of bounced messages.
Thanks for your replies and suggestions. I have sent from some Miracell and will give it a try as soon as it arrives (actually from eBay at a lower price!).
The fan/wind idea sounds inviting. I suppose I haven’t thought about that because it involves taking HAs out anyway and I do get relief by just doing that but the fan may accelerate the result.
Thanks guys,
Roger

2 Likes

I heard about this dryer to dry your ears if your ears have too much moisture. If you have itchy ears then Miracell helps.

Hi Terost,
It’s difficult to decide whether my ears get itchy because they’re hot or the other way round. I’m going to try the Miracell when it arrives and hope it is the help people say it is.
You obviously have experience of it so maybe you could answer the question - if I use it can I put the aid straight back in?
Thanks for the info about the dryer.
Roger

1 Like

Yeah Roger, you can use your aids straight away, I spread a very thin film all over the inserted part of the mould, then reinsert the mould… I don’t use it often, I bought my small bottle, last September, and it’s still over half full, it goes a long way… Cheers Kev :wink:

1 Like

Thanks Kev, that looks promising. As I said the bottle I bought was cheaper - something like £12.99 instead of ?? £18. But a bottle a year - who’s counting!

1 Like

Yeah Roger, it does last a significant time, the bottle is tiny (14.7ml) I maybe use it once a week, or once a fortnight, I also occasionally have to target the outer ear, where my moulds have created a sore, clears that up within a couple of days, it excellent stuff… Hopefully, it will help you, if it does, then it’s excellent value for your money, good luck, cheers Kev :smile:

1 Like