HearUSA choices for HA through Kaiser Medicare

I am due a new set of HA covered by my Kaiser Senior Advantage/Medicare insurance in March. Does anyone know when the best options would be through them. I am allotted $5000. for the pair, but they seem to charge way more than what could be purchased elsewhere (Costco, for example) for similar HA. Also, is there a particular time of year when they release the newest models?
Thanks for any info.

Kaiser in Northern California carries Oticon, Phonak, Signia and Starkey. Last I heard, their top level aids were in the $5-6k range, so your insurance would likely fully cover mid level aid or leave with you a less than $1k copay for a premium aid. A lot depends on your loss and needs and wants, but I’d lean towards Oticon Opn or Phonak Marvel. This all assumes that your Kaiser is anything like Kaiser NCAL.

wow, thanks for the info (I might see about that with BCBS and through HearUSA next year too although I once broke the bank with my current pair leaving me with 2500 LOL!!)

I got my first Phonaks (model 5 or some name like that) from Kaiser about seven years ago for about $2400 asI recall. Got my new Phonaks (BR 50?) From Kaiser last April for about $2100. I would assume the second-generation Bluetooth models (Marvel) don’t have the glitches I have.

It may depend on location of Kaiser, and certainly depends on what kind of coverage one has. Is the$2100 per pair or hearing aid? My Mom paid about $4k for 2 Audeo 50 BR (no bluetooth) about 2 years ago. She had no hearing aid insurance.

I went into the HearUSA office the other day and asked about the price for my next hearing aids. They said that they won’t know until the time I come in to purchase them, which will be in March. Each person’s health insurance covers a different amount, even within Kaiser. My insurance will cover $2500 per hearing aid, so anything they are charging above that will be out of pocket. Still a very good deal for me, although they seem to charge way more than other suppliers for the same product.