HearPod experience

Hi All,

I recently tried out some hearPod aides.
I started out with the canal type aid and then sent those back and tried the behind the ear open fit style.

I felt that the open fit was much better for me, but after some consideration, decided that they weren’t what I was looking for.
I have a somewhat non-typical loss.

The point I wanted to make was that HearPod was very easy to work with and I had no problem at all in getting a refund of my money.

In all I paid very little for the chance to try two of their aides.

Ron

You paid very little?? You should have paid NOTHING at all. I trialed both Siemens and Phonak with my audi … my first time using her even. I had 90 days each to try each, and more aids if I desired … and after the 90 days could have walked away without a penny out of pocket if not satisfied by any of them or by her.

The point I want to make is that it should have cost you nothing at all to trial hearing aids.

The point I want to make is that it should have cost you nothing at all to trial hearing aids.

I can imagine some business models where you DO pay for the test and the trial … BUT … you get a great discount on any aids eventually purchased.

[quote=EnglishDispenser]I can imagine some business models where you DO pay for the test and the trial … quote]

I agree, are we so ignorant to think the audies time is worthless? Certainly it is more then fair to pay for the mold. This is mixed in with the whole bundeling argument. Time and money spent on the ‘free trials’ is what drives up the bundled price if you do purchase. Try getting a 30 day free trial from Toyota, Sony, Dell, etc…

I can see paying for the mold if you get a custom mold made. However, you cannot compare hearing aids to a car, computer, stereo, TV, or other commodity. And for that matter … yes, I bought a Sony TV and decided I wanted a bigger one. The store gladly took it back and allowed me to just pay the difference for the larger model Sony. I also bought a home theater receiver and did not like the sound and returned it for a full refund. In both cases there was no restocking fee either, and the return was based on the simple fact that the item did not perform as expected. Hearing aids are much more individualized though. There is no telling whether one or another will work with your loss, or what it will sound like. I do not expect to pay thousands of dollars for something that is so iffy and then be stuck with it.

As for the audi’s time, the audi I went to is a licensed audiologist, not just a dispenser, and her policy is a 60 day trial period at no expense and extended to 90 days if you work with her to try to resolve any issues … full refund if not satisfied. Indeed, in the State of California, by law, you have 60 days to trial hearing aids with a full money back return if not satisfied. And yes, my audi informed me of this fact and said if I went elsewhere to ensure they followed that rule as well. And when I first went to her for a hearing test and to inquire about new aids, she offered to just clean and adjust my old aids at no cost for the entire session. I was also a first time customer there, my previous aids were bought across town, and I did not keep that a secret. She impressed me enough to keep me as a client.