HearLink 9030 HA - vs Oticon OPN 1 for mild loss?

Morning all - My husband was denied again by the VA for HAs and that is another topic which we are pursuing. His loss is mostly mild to moderate. I have a a pair of Oticon OPN 1 HAs that I no longer use and a friend has a pair of Phillips HearLink 9030 available for free. Any thoughts on which is preferred? We will need to get them adjusted for him, so I’d rather just pick one pair to focus on.

1 Like

The OPN was released in 2016. The 9030 was released probably back in 2021 or 2022 if I recall correctly. I would pick the 9030 over the OPN simply because it has newer technology, specifically the noise suppression AI built-in to it. Not to mention that it might also have the newer feedback management technology that was introduced in the OPN S that still exists to this day in the Intent.

1 Like

Thank!! Now to find a way to get them programmed for my husband. We don’t live near a Costco

1 Like

If your friend who has the 9030 is familiar with it enough, maybe you can consider the DIY route with his help. Spend around $180 for a NoahLink Wireless (2) interface and download the Philips HearSuite software on your PC laptop (not a Mac), then you can get them programmed for your husband. If your friend is not very tech savvy, maybe find a young family member who’s tech savvy to help figure out everything.

1 Like