Hearlink 2, iPhone, Philips 9030 insanity

Using the new Hearlink 2 app with an iPhone 12 and iOS17. Hearlink 2 takes forever to connect, if it ever does, and every time I want to use it, one of the HA’s doesn’t seem to be connected. So, thinking it might be time to start over, I told the iPhone to forget the 9030’s, cycled 9030’s through the charger and waited for them to be discovered by the Accessibility/HA setting of Settings. I watched them quasi-discovered, reported not paired then that message went away and the iPhone went back to Searching… forever.

The way it all used to work, not paired came up then two permission boxes to approve pairing of each HA. Not any more :frowning:

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Uninstall the Hearlink app.

Unpair all the connections.

Shut the phone off completely, and then reboot it to wipe any legacy pairings.

Re-pair, but don’t install the Hearlink app.

Just use the iOS treble button press menu to control the aids.

This stops IOS and the app contending for the connection. I’d leave it like that until Hearlink gets patched.

4 Likes

Thanks. That worked fine. I am back in the streaming business! Clearly the Hearlink folks haven’t heard that the enemy of good is better :smiley:

2 Likes

This is great! I’ve had the same problem with a new 9040 and an android phone. Using your technique, I can now hear phone on the hearing aids. I was ready to return them. Thanks for the tip.

1 Like

It’s difficult to convince some people how much of a hindrance having multiple connections is in respect of these devices, but all the issues (handshaking/order of connection/timeouts/lost packets) multiply when there’s more unnecessary element in the system.

Technically it should be possible to run a ‘set-priority’ dialogue within the operating system, but in reality, just the fact that there’s more polling (looking for connection) of devices needed makes the process slower and likely to fail.