Hearing test and hearing aid review coming up this week

Hi I have a hearing test and hearing aid review coming up this week and am just wondering if the nhs still do the nathos auto range. In case they decide to change my hearing aid I want something that will work with my cros and I know that uclh still don’t have the oticon cros and have no idea how much stock they still have of the phonaks as when they changed my nathos auto m because it was faulty it took awhile for them to find the same model

1 Like

I think it depends where you are. Zebras has just been given Paradise. If I ever get to the clinic in Doncaster I’ll be given Nathos auto, my wife has micro for first issue- 2 pairs faulty and 16 week wait to get them fixed.

1 Like

@michael1 I live in London and the place I go to which is UCLH Hosiptal seems like they are changing over to a supplier who deals more in oticon hearing aids but they haven’t been able to get hold of the oticcn cros aids yet. They gave me the impression that the nathos auto weren’t going to be around much longer and I didn’t know if they just mean’t for that location or in general which is why I was asking about if they still did them.

Different hospitals will have different amounts of stock still to use to before ordering more hearing aids.

Just found out my friend’s hospital is still handing out Nathos S+ as they have old stock to get rid of still. That technology is 2011!!

1 Like

@Zebras thanks for this info. It must of just been the way my audiologist said what she said made it sound like the nathos auto weren’t going to be around much longer.

They aren’t the HAs that are being ordered anymore so they’ll hand out the Nathos Auto until they are out of stock and then they’ll order newer HAs.

1 Like

@zebras thanks that’s probably what she mean’t then

Had my appointment today at uclh the hearing test showed my low frequencies have dropped a small amount.They have adjusted the gain and added the tinnitus program on my cros aids. They have luckily kept my hearing aids the same at the moment will update my audiogram when I get back home. ( audiogram updated)