Hearing Loss Simulators

I’ve searched, and found no recent discussion on the topic:

Are there any hearing loss simulator tools, that are worth trying?

I know about the NIOSH program which (I think) is somewhat inaccurate and not easy to use - though it’s definitely helpful. And Phonak’s online simulator is way over-simplified.

I’m trying to find something that will allow me to enter my audiogram then flip between “normal” hearing, and my degree of hearing loss, in order to help my wife and family understand what I’m hearing (without my aids) vs. what they hear. And ideally, I’d like it to remember my audiogram - re-entering it every time I run the tool is very inconvenient.

Thanks in advance!

I know that MedRX used to have a simulator on their Real Ear system and I suspect many other RE systems may have that feature. You may have to go to a hearing aid office to get that done but is was an eye opener for spouses.

I find the Phonak simulator odd as it doesn’t show a moderate loss or a profound loss.

1 Like

There is a lot on that page. Could you point out the simulation?

WH

2 Likes

Saw this link on this forum, I thought it might help, good read if want.

No responses with alternative systems that emulate hearing loss, so perhaps NIOSH and Phonak are the only ones available?

:frowning:

Google is your friend. I poked around a little.

First one seems most promising. I haven’t tried any of these, but I hope this helps.

checkhearing.org Hearing Loss Simulator

Starkey Hearing Loss Simulator

UK National Deaf Children’s Society Hearing Loss Demonstrator

MN DHHSD Vision and Hearing Loss Simulator

WH

Many thanks.

This helps!!