Hearing aids without an iPhone

I do not have a Iphone,just my old flip top! I wear hearing aids K8’s having lots of problems right now with those. Could the problems I am having is because they are made for Iphones?

Absolutely not; not a chance.

The Made for iPhone moniker is only the facility to directly connect the hearing aid to an iPhone for some such as music streaming. Some hearing aids also use a smartphone such as iPhone or Android makes to allow you to access hearing presets already set up for you by your audiologist.

Are the K8s, CostCo Kirkland Signature 8.0?

My question was since I don’t have a Iphone will my Ks8 work just as well without one.

Yes…

The short answer is yes.

The longer answer is… you can adjust the volume and choose hearing programs (set by your audiologist) with the rocker switch on the hearing aids as standard.

In addition, if you also had an iPhone for instance, you could adjust the volume of the hearing aids and programs directly from the iPhone plus stream music and phone calls directly into the hearing aids.

Hope that helps.

@szcas3: You don’t say what problems you’re having, but an idea might be to turn off the bluetooth radio in the aids to save some miniscule power.
If an HA can make toast, it doesn’t mean you have to use that feature. It’ll do what it’s supposed to do without the bells & whistles.

Hum, sounds about right but I have a very old Signature 5. I have the pocket control that would be replaced by iPhone or Android (in Sig 8,not sure about 7) smartphone control. I have some problem with mobile phones (smartphones now) but using it straight works. On a cordless phone I usually place it in speakerphone then I can hear well even without the hearing aids, maybe better. Here I hold the cordless phone to my face, near my ear, and as said in speakerphone mode. One can place a cell flip top phone in speaker phone mode I think, at least one can with the two models of smartphone I have. Still, with the smart phone and hearing aids in I prefer using in regular, not speakerphone, mode.

Thank you for responding, the feed back on these hearing aids are driving me up the wall,I can’t seem to find a mold that will fit my small ears! going back to costco’s again to have another mold/dome put in and hoping it will help the feed back,I am also going to try the new Resounds, they were my first hearing aids 6 years ago and liked them very much,

I also have small ears and am trialing the Bernafon Zerenas which I like quite a bit. No feedback issues to date.

I just got back from Costco with a open dome,thinking that might help me,but I am not hearing as well with them and still have the feed back problems. The domes I was wearing were closed and not comfortable to wear for me,but I could hear better with them I think,my ears also when taken them off for the night would have a burning feeling inside of the ear.

The canal needs to adopt to the dome as well as the mental part. You might find using one of the specific oils for this (Amazon or your clinic) or try a drop of olive oil on the domes. Avoid using too much. If that isn’t working, use a small scissors to cut a vertical line in the dome to relieve pressure.

Thanks ken for the reply,I can’t use the ear oil in my because I have ear tubes that were put in my ears back in Aug. waiting for the them to fall out or have them taken out soon,right now I have a open dome,but still to much feed back,I am now wondering if the feed back is coming from my transmitter behind my ears,could that happen?

One thing you get with an iPhone or Android is the ability to adjust your hearing aides sound levels and volume levels. It has been a great convenience for me

I sure hope I don’t have to go out and buy a IPhone at $600.00 or $700.00 just to be able to hear better on my hearing aids ha at $1600.00 I am going to try out the new model of the Resounds for 2 weeks to see how they might help me hear better without making my ears sore and feedback problems,wish me luck.

Most HA manufacturers offer their own little remote control device allowing you to not need a phone.
Your comfort and feedback issues are not phone related

1 Like

Thanks, I did not know that!,no one has mention that to me where I bought them,I will ask today when I pick up my loaner ones.

1 Like

It’s the Connexx Smart Key.
And like I said before, you can probably save a little battery life by putting the bluetooth into airplane mode. Since you’re not using it at all.

can you adjust ha volume independently from android? i have NX 13 but i cant its coupled its change both ha volume at once

1 Like

Interesting. Why wouldn’t you want both to change at the same time?
I seem to think the fitting software might be able to de-couple the switches. (that’s without bothering to check :slight_smile: )