Hearing Aids Which Support Bluetooth 5

I am having a hard time finding the Bluetooth versions supported by various hearing aids. What are some good hearing aids from reputed brands (Phonak, Oticon, etc.) that are known to support Bluetooth 5.0 and above for audio streaming? My goal here is too find ones that are low-latency, and judging from my regular headphones, I know Bluetooth 5.0 itself is a noticeable improvement from Bluetooth 4.2 in terms of audio latency.

You want to try and get models with LE Audio (with Auracast) if that’s all you want out of HAs?

The Bluetooth version of Phonak’s TV streamer is a bit of a mystery, but this setup has negligible latency and lives happily along sound from speakers in the same room. For other sources Phonak Bluetooth connectivity uses version 4.2, whose latency during (Android) phone calls, listening to podcasts, internet radio or music is not really a problem for me.

It’s proprietary so we’re not supposed to know exactly, 2.4Ghz, but people keep telling me it’s not bluetooth…

Compared to BLE it’s noticeable, only Sonova uses it, no one else is using 4.2 classic, MFi, ASHA,LE Audio all bluetooth low energy (lower latency) but I hope @Shubham_T is not going to buy HAs just for the delay features of bluetooth, you certainly cannot compare headphone quality to HAs, but I’m certainly happy with my bluetooth streaming from my HAs ( Not Phonak or Oticon)

For hearing aids looking at BT versions isn’t that helpful. You need to know specifically what the hearing aids support. Most hearing aids other than Sonova (Phonak and others) brands support Made for iPhone and ASHA protocols. Several very new hearing aids support LE Audio (this would be the most current) and Sonova brands support Classic BT as others have mentioned. GN (Resound), Demant (Oticon) and I believe Sivantos (Signia) have models that claim to (or will soon) support LE Audio.

The ReSound Nexia 9s and the Jabra Enhance Pro 20s both support Bluetooth 5.3 And Bluetooth LE Audio. The only cell phone that it seems to work with, to some degree, at this point is the Samsung Galaxy S23 series. The Streamer+ is an Auracast device that works with the Nexia and EP20s.

Yes they are the same device as is the Beltone Serene

Nexia and Pro 20 are exactly the same device, Jabra just has a different name.

I have Phonak Lumity. They work really well. TV transmitter has no latency. When i watch TV on the laptop, using the laptop built in Bluetooth, there is no perceptible latency. Pretty sure the laptop has 4.x.

Yes correct there’s pretty much no noticeable latency with the proprietary stuff from any of the manufacturer brands, quite a few people do have some issues to some degree including the actual connection, but because your using Phonak that’s the classic 4.2 which connect to just about anything using bluetooth classic 4.2.