Hearing aid telecoils and frequency range?

I wear two naida V sp hearing aids and these have telecoils. Yet I don’t know what is the range of telecoils in the aids. I want to use neckloops for listening to computer sound rather than headphones. Neckloops offer easier use but I doubt I could hear the same frequency range as I do through hearing aid microphones. What’s your opinion ?

I’ve been using a telecoil coupler to listen to my ipod for 10+ years and find the sound is GREAT. If you look at the specs for a telecoil, you would not think this to be this case. Also, I use something similar to a Hatis epic, which I think would couple much better then a neck loop.

Any new ideas ?

I would use the Icom or Compilot and a patch cord to listen to the computer audio, it would probably sound better than the telecoil.

With Compilot, you also get stereo whereas telecoil is a mono source unless there are private vendors for stereo telecoil technologies.

I know nothing about telecoil couplers. I’d want to connect my telecoil to my computer or iPhone. Where do I go to find out about that?

You need to have telecoil activated within your hearing aids and the you just buy a neck loop or ear hooks and plug it in to your computer, easy!

I am finding that listening to the same music albums using me ComPilot hooked up to my tablet that I am hearing things that I have not heard from the same albums going from speakers to my HAs. I don’t believe that Phonak is using the telecoil circuit to pick up the signal from the ComPilot necklace. The audio I get from a phone via the telecoil is no wheres near as good as that received via bluetooth to my ComPilot.

Telecoil is nothing to do with the compilot. It works on Easy (automatic) program’s.

It works on
Easy Bluetooth
Easy Audio
Easy FM

Just for reference, I was talking about the generic telecoils in my HAs.
http://www.nchearingloss.org/telecoil.htm?fromncshhh Not to a specific brand/device. I am not familiar with the Easy products. The referenced link was very informative to me relative to this evolving technology.

Does anyone know (I have KS8Ts) if there are changes that an audiologist can make to boost lower frequencies in the telecoil program? The sound I get when in telecoil program is rather “tinny”. I would like to boost lower frequencies.

Yes, lower frequencies can be boosted. Looking at your loss, custom molds would be ideal, or maybe non vented clicksleeves. Any kind of an open fit would make it nigh impossible to get you much in the way of low frequencies.

Thanks MDB. I do have ear molds.