Hearing aid recomendations for CI user

I have had my CI for about a year now and it is coming along nicely. I am now a candidate for a hearing aid in my other ear. Ideally, I would like to get a hearing aid that complements my CI and offers noise canceling and Bluetooth options. I use a Cochlear Nucleus 7 (cp1000).
Does anyone have any recommendations for the hearing aid? What are things I should look out for?
Thank you and kind regards,
Dave

@Deaf_piper is a N7 user and a Resound Enzo 3D user. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The attachment may answer your questions.
https://www.cochlear.com/apps/en/sound-processor-and-app/compatibility

Hi Dave, you need a Resound aid so that everything works as one. I have N7, Enzo 3D & an iPhone. You didn’t say what phone you have… I really like my Enzo 3D, but I found it had to be linked to my processor & iphone by my CI Aud on her computer. This was the only way to get all 3 devices working as one to get direct streaming. The lag time on a phone call is negligible with the 3D. If I had to say a time then 1 second. You will like the bimodal effect of the Resound & N7. You can always adjust your sensitivity in your Nucleaus smart app to help reduce background noise. Well that’s if your Aud has connected you fully to the app.

I previously had the Enzo2, this is a very old Resound aid. With this HA I needed the phone clip to link all 3 devices to give direct streaming. It also needed to be linked by the CI Aud. The lag time on answering the phone was quiet noticeable around 5 seconds. I always missed the first few words by the caller. With this HA I had a lot of problems with. It needed to be sent for repairs every 4-5 months.

These are the only Resound aids I’ve had.
@debbie_o has the Quattro. Hopefully she will chip in with more info for you.

Thank you all,
It looks like Resound is the only option, and both of you are suggesting the “Enzo 3d”. I see that there are several models available, I wonder what the differences are? Here in USA the CI was mostly covered by insurance, however the hearing aids offer no coverage. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to pay for these?
Kind regards,
Dave

1 Like

Hi Dave, Im just looking at the Resound app, it does have a noise filter in the actual app where you can adjust the noise level. It also has speech clarity, Telecoil adjustments and all around sound, as well as bass and treble adjustments. You need to get the telecoil connected through your Aud though.

To the best of my knowledge you can get Resound aids at Costco. As you only need one, it shouldn’t cost a lot of money. I’m in Australia so I can’t offer any further advice on how to pay for them.

The Enzo 3D model, all levels of that aid have BT. I have a 5 (lowest tier of technology) and it works very well, I personally don’t need any higher level of technology in my aid.

Thank you,
I’ll take a look at Costco.

1 Like

Copy and paste from the cochlear attachment above.

ReSound hearing aids

Stream directly from compatible Apple devices#:

• ReSound LiNX Quattro™ 9 BTE*, RHA* and RIE* models
  • ReSound LiNX Quattro 7 BTE, RHA and RIE models
  • ReSound LiNX Quattro 5 BTE, RHA and RIE models
  • ReSound Key™ 4 BTE, RHA and RIE models
  • ReSound Key 3 BTE and RIE models
  • ReSound LiNX 3D™ 9 BTE and RIE models
  • ReSound LiNX 3D 7 BTE and RIE models
  • ReSound LiNX 3D 5 BTE and RIE models
  • ReSound ENZO Q™ 9 BTE
  • ReSound ENZO Q 7 BTE
  • ReSound ENZO Q 5 BTE
  • ReSound ENZO 3D™ 9 BTE
  • ReSound ENZO 3D 7 BTE
  • ReSound ENZO 3D 5 BTE

Note: ReSound ONE direct bimodal streaming from compatible Apple devices is expected with upcoming iOS updates.

Stream directly from compatible Android devices#:

• ReSound ONE 9 RHA* and RIE* models
  • ReSound ONE 7 RHA and RIE models
  • ReSound ONE 5 RHA and RIE models
  • ReSound LiNX Quattro 9 BTE*, RHA* and RIE* models
  • ReSound LiNX Quattro 7 BTE, RHA and RIE models
  • ReSound LiNX Quattro 5 BTE, RHA and RIE models
  • ReSound Key 4 BTE, RHA and RIE models
  • ReSound Key 3 BTE and RIE models
  • ReSound ENZO Q 9 BTE
  • ReSound ENZO Q 7 BTE
  • ReSound ENZO Q 5 BTE

I would bet the Costco Resound aids would work also but would try first before buying.

Rick possibly won’t be able to get the full effect in bimodal streaming. Simply because it has to be “linked/connected” by his CI Aud on the mapping computer so phone, aid and CI act as one.

Also Phonak aids do work but you need 2 receivers one fitted to yourCI, and one fitted to your HA. If you have a standard battery you processor will be about an extra inch in length behind your ear.

@Zebras had a diagram to show you how to fit this if you go the Phonak route.

Resound Jabra is a One 9 from reading here on the forum.
The Resound Preza is a Quattro 9 as I understand it.
Both these aids are from Costco and their counterparts are listed on Cochlear’s compatibility lists. Sure looks like they would work without an intermediate device.
Worth a try I would think.

1 Like

I have a friend here in Aus that has a One, he’s having all sorts of problems getting it to stay connected to his CI & iPhone. He tells me he has to wait for the next IOS update to fix the issue.

Which iPhone does he have?
We have read about all sorts of problems with the new iPhones and connectivity.

Rick he has iPhone 11. Cochlear tell him he needs the new iOS version, (I’m clueless to what version he has) I can only assume he has 14.6 the same as I do.

1 Like

Ok, I went to Costco today and made an appointment. They are selling the Jabra enhance pro pm. It is made by gn hearing. On the brochure it lists the mini mic and tv streamers which I know work because I have bought a few from eBay and linked them. The big question is will it link to the n7. I am hoping they will either let me test or try before I buy. I did hear that you can return a hearing aid to Costco within 120 days for a full refund. I may just get it and then run to the audi for linking. Not quite sure. Cost is about $800 us.

1 Like

Good luck with getting the Jabra all sorted and paired to your phone and N7. I hope it’s very easy for you.

It may take your N7 Cochlear audiologist to tie the Jabra hearing aid to the N7 processor. I believe the Jabra will need to be paired in the Cochlear software.

1 Like