Hearing Aid programming device - a study of obsolescence

Guess what’s going obsolete in the hearing aid industry? Wired programming devices are going obsolete, and also propritary wireless programming devices (the non-standard ones, one for each manufacturer, sometimes two per manufacturer) are also going obsolete.

Go look at the programming devices specified for each hearing aid model in DIY School files listed below. Guess what they all have in common? All the latest models use Noahlink Wireless, that’s what!

• Choose Hardware-Programming Device for Oticon
  • Choose Hardware-Programming Device for Phonak
  • Choose Hardware-Programming Device for ReSound
  • Choose Hardware-Programming Device for Rexton
  • Choose Hardware-Programming Device for Signia
  • Choose Hardware-Programming Device for Starkey
  • Choose Hardware-Programming Device for Unitron
  • Choose Hardware-Programming Device for Widex

This is my Noahlink Wireless. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My Noahlink Wireless is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My Noahlink Wireless, without me, is useless. Without my Noahlink Wireless, I am useless. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

There is one type of hearing aid model which may delay the obsolescence of Hi Pro and cables. That is, the very small custom (in-the-canal/IIC/CIC models) that are too tiny to include a wireless radio in the hearing aid. Thus, these tiny custom models cannot use wireless. I suspect that maybe this issue will be remedied in the future?? But who knows? Here’s a partial clip from;

2 Likes