Hearing aid prices survey

Just posted part one of our survey findings on hearing aid prices. Enjoy, and love to hear your feedback.

2 Likes

This is solid information! I love the details of each category along with the bar charts.
Thank you!!!

1 Like

Good stuff. Very interesting, and I’m looking forward to the additional chapters.

My guess is that you’re getting a more involved, higher-tech group of hearing aid consumers than average among hearing-aid wearers in your response group, because that’s the group that is passionate enough to take the time to hang out here and respond to surveys.

To those who have the money and the desire to spend $5,000 - $10,000 on a pair of hearing aids (every five years on average, almost always within every ten years) and want the best that technology has to offer, more power to 'em.

But the sad part is that many people who need hearing aids think they have to spend that much to get some improvement in their hearing and either can’t afford or don’t want to spend that kind of money. It’s sad because there are many lower-cost options those folks stay away and never hear about. They may not perform as well as the $10,000 aids, but in most cases, they’re better than nothing and a good value.

Follow up interview here: