Hearing Aid Advice for Android user

I bought my first hearing aids (KS 9) several years from Costco and I have been pleased with them (nice to hear what the wife says). I especially like being able to have hands free phone conversations (android phone). I am getting ready to purchase news HA and I hope to get some advice here. I would like to continue with Costco but from what I can tell, neither the Philips or the Jabra aids allow hands free phone operations and more troubling, it seems that there have been some unreliable bluetooth connectivity problems with both phones and android phones. Hopefully, some folks on this forum have some experience with these two HAs and android phones. Also, can someone give me some advice concerninng the pros (other than price) and cons of buying something like a Phonak Lumity from one of the several ebay sellers? Thanks a lot.

1 Like

I have the KS9s and recently bought the Philips 9040. I have a Pixel 7.

I have not had any problems with Bluetooth with the 9040s. In fact the Philips app connects much quicker than the Phonak one.

The one difference is for phone calls, you have to use the phone’s microphone, not the hearing aids’ microphones. I actually prefer this setup. I like getting the sound streamed directly to the HAs. If I am somewhere noisy, it really helps to put the phone’s mic directly in front of my mouth. With the KS9s callers sometimes had difficulty hearing me.

I haven’t bought or used an audioclip, but that allows hands free calling.

3 Likes

Thanks so much. Really appreciate you taking the time to respond!

The Costco Audi should be able to inform you on iPhone / handfree connectivity. Since Phillip 9040 is quite similar to Oticon More, It should be able to connect to iPhone/handfree. Check with the Audi when you are around Costco.

1 Like