HeardThat app

Heardthat is a new IOS app that’s meant to help you hear in difficult/noisy situations.

Has anyone used it? What are your thoughts please? Sadly it’s not free…

There’s a 30 day trial I believe and after that you get a limited number of free minutes per month. It never did much for me personally.

2 Likes

I just tried it with a conversation with my husband. I heard him perfectly right into my ears! It was clear and great. However, I also heard him into my ears again. I THINK once through the app/my phone AND again just through my hearing aids. I’m trying to figure out how to solve this. Can anyone suggest a fix?

1 Like

Can you mute your hearing aids?

2 Likes

I just tried that. I couldn’t hear thru aids nor thru the app. Then I unmuted my aids back, went back to the app, and again conversation twice. When I hit the stop button on the app, there was a lot of noice like shrieking, loud buzzing which not only could I hear but my husband could hear these noises coming from the phone. So now whenever I turn on the app, I hear the noises extremely loud and I’m in a quiet silent space.

1 Like

The app has been around for a couple of years. I remember when the developers came to the forum to seek testers for the app in it’s early development. I was one of those chosen at the time, but my job became busy so I didn’t have the time to test the app. Never did use it so I can’t comment on it. From what I have heard from those that have used the app was that the conversations were clearer than the other apps they used.

1 Like

Sadly, on the iPhone the lag is pretty terrible…

3 Likes

@DamonHill I tried it last night as well. I agree the lag isn’t good at all. I actually prefer the iPhone Live Listen to this app, and it’s free with no limits on usage.

2 Likes

I tried to get to Live Listen, but can’t. I’m thinking my hearing aids are not MFI.

I tested the app when it was in development. I couldn’t really hear any improvement in noisy situations like restaurants and it is very laggy with my iPhone. I agree with the other posters, the live listen works just as well. I have a Resound micromic. It’s the most useful thing I’ve found for noisy environments. However, it will only work with one person at a time. The HeardThat mics might be similarly useful because of the close mic proximity, not so much the software.

1 Like

Do you triple click your home button?

If you have Phonaks then no, your aids are not MFi.
And Apple is terrible at not supporting what they don’t want to support. In fact they just got sued by the government in the US.
It‘s a pity cause Live Listen has no lag at all but unfortunately it’s very basic and doesn’t have any noise masking feature either.

Sounds about right anything to do with Apple they will rip you off, stick with Android, majority of the world is Android and not restrictive like Apple.

OK. So I’m bummed to be reading all these timely, RECENT posts on the fatal downside to HeardThat app. If it echoes with annoying delay, I can only surmise that the company launched this lame app with NO idea how folks with hearing aids actually HEAR in noisy places. It’s been rammed down the ears of folks like it’s better than remote mics sold with aids (e.g., Phonak’s Roger ON iN) when in fact, this app seems completely unacceptable for use.

1 Like

I had a Starkey aids for 3-4 weeks but had BT problems due to mis-selling and lack of info plus lies from my audiologist. I am going to have to start again, but this time I will be better informed, being green when I first started.
1 Bluejay I can appreciate where you are coming from, you have to experience the problem , it may look ok on paper, but everything needs extensive trials in the field . All battle plans are good until they meet the enemy.

1 Like

Well said! We have seen the “enemy” and the “enemy” is US: folks who wear aids and actually walk the walk.

I honestly wonder how many of these hearing and hearing accessory products make it to market without rigorous testing among WE who wear them. Starkey is a case in point: jumped the gate with its message about AI this and AI that, leaving the day-to-day critical components of a hearing aid in the dust. I don’t want an aid that tells me my blood pressure or that I’ve fallen down. I want an aid that truly makes it easy to comprehend speech in loud noise. I’m hopeful that in my lifetime, the technology will be there to make that happen.

Cuz let’s face it, “normal” hearing folks also have difficulty conversing in noisy places. So why can’t there be a discreet device (eyeglasses, cell phone, ear buds), something that’s tuned to boost human speech frequency and not ambient sound?

Users who have tried the нeardеhat app note its effectiveness and usefulness in everyday life btw
They report that the app rlly rlly helped them hear and understand speech better in noisy environments where they previously had difficulty. Some people find that HeardThat allows them to participate in conversations in restaurants, on street corners, or even at loud events with a lot of people.