Hear we go (pun intended)

I will receive a Cochlear Americas implant tomorrow morning at 7:30 AM at MEE. I’m scared but determined. It has been an experience getting to this point. I can’t say I’ve been impressed with MEE support. I don’t know if this experience is confined to just that hospital or if it is the overall, general approach to this procedure. For those of us seeking an implant it is potentially a life changing step. The members of this forum have been very supportive and I thank each of you for your time and thoughts. See you on the other side.

6 Likes

Sending good vibes! Take things slow even if you feel great after surgery. Keep us posted .

2 Likes

Wish you better hearing health!
Sending help, strength and wellness to you

1 Like

Wishing you every success in your new hearing journey. Being scared is a very normal response to getting a CI… keep us posted as you go along this journey. :four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

Best of luck with the surgery!

Someone forgot to pass that message onto me when I had my implant. I was on my electric unicycle 5 days after surgery, restarted running 11 days after surgery & hopped on the manual unicycle 14 days after surgery!

3 Likes

Hahaha that’s great. It works for some, but I’ve also seen others, mostly on the Facebook group, who pushed too soon and felt the effects. It can feel like not a big deal until it is.

1 Like

The very best to you, eam4094. Maggie

2 Likes

Thank everyone for your good wishes. The surgeon said everything went well. Luckily I was well out of it so I’ll have to take his word for it. Two of my wonderful, caring friends got me home from Boston and took care of getting supplies (brownies and rice pudding) into the house. Yes, I have been taking it easy, mostly sleeping for 2+ days. The incision itself is not too bad. The tube in my throat and the hard plastic shell over my ear caused the most discomfort, but that is easing now. Next appointment is June 28. Naturally I’m anxious to move forward.

2 Likes

Yay for your successful surgery and first couple of days. A few short weeks til your next step!

2 Likes