Have you tried these free online hearing tests?

Curious if any of you have tried any of these tests and have anything positive or negative to say about them. Also, any tests not on the list? Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks so much. Your posts have helped me a lot.

In fact the post on Phonak mask program was a major break through for me.

I’ve tried several of them and like Mimi the best. To get the most from it, though, you need to use the iPhone version with AirPods or AirPods Pro.

No. Too many variables that can effect the results. But in my case it would be a massive waste of time.

I used online testing when I became concerned about my hearing loss. I used these tests to see if I really was experiencing a hearing loss before I went to an audiologist for a complete test. They gave me some assurance that what I thought about my hearing was based in fact

I remember taking one of these, but I always erred on the side of caution because of this specific paragraph:

During the initial setup, you adjust your headphones to a loud yet comfortable volume, preview what the test will sound like, and take a practice round. You can also specify what type of earbuds you’re using for the test.

The loud yet comfortable volume could mean many potential things, and realistically, every person has a different set of headphones, the same way they have a different type of hearing loss, if they perceive they have one. The practice rounds are also a little odd if the test isn’t randomized in terms of the tones generated.

I think what I’m trying to say is there are many variables to take into consideration, i.e. volume, headphones/earphones, perceived vs actual hearing loss, other settings on the phone/computer the user may not know about, and even whether or not they’re using a wireless bluetooth enabled headset, or a wired headset, if the headset is wired into a pre-amp, and so on.