Have the new Oticon More's with regular batteries (miniRITE T style) come out yet? And are people happy w/rechargeable batteries?

Hi. I’ve never posted here but I occasionally lurk to get good info that I can’t find anywhere else. I’ve been wearing Oticon OPN1’s for the past 3 years for my mild-mod hearing loss and I’ve been pretty happy with them. My insurance covers a new pair every 3 years (up to $5000) so I went back this week and am now trying out the Oticon More’s (the only ones my audiologist rec’d for me were these or the Whispers). I have the rechargeable batteries but when I searched online last night, I saw many reviews about people saying that the batteries don’t last long enough and that they wished they had regular batteries instead. I’m wondering how people here feel about the battery life and also if the More’s with regular batteries are available yet? I see them on Oticon’s website and I’m thinking of calling my audiologist’s office today to see if these are an option but I figured I’d check here first. Thanks for any input.
Jacqui

1 Like

I have been using rechargeable aids for a couple of years and love them.

4 Likes

I find the Oticon More rechargeable versions just fine. They last over 12 hours for me, which is more than enough time. (YMMV) Should I get in a situation where I need more time, such as traveling, the Smart Charger should be helpful. I had the Alta Pros prior to the More’s and the More’s are much better.

3 Likes

I love the rechargeable Mores. I stream a lot and never run out of battery power. I will pop them in the charger for a few minutes, for a boost, if I think I am going to be streaming TV really, really late at night. I am amazed at how fast they charge.
I really like the freedom from disposable battery changing and keeping track of when and worry of dead battery.

3 Likes

@fbluming Oticon do have More miniRITE HA with T-coil and 312 batteries.
There is always pros & cons for/against disposable batteries, but (this is my point of view) I prefer disposable batteries, as you can just change them without waiting for the HA to charge.
Also, someone on youtube mentioned the return ratio was much higher on the rechargeable than the disposable batteries HA.
Sure you can charge them in 30mn, but in another hand you can swap batteries in 2mn chrono.
312 batteries last on average what 3 to 5 days?
Having 312 batteries in the pocket (even get them at the chemist) is much more convenient than having to carry a charger.
:upside_down_face:

6 Likes

Not to be rude, but there are countless threads on this topic.
I see no reason to start a new one.

Just enter your query into the search window at the top right, and “Lurk” away!

BTW, I have the More 1 R’s, and have never had battery probs.

I find it liberating to not worry about my batteries running out of juice at the most inopportune times.

3 Likes

I cannot imagine ever going back to batteries again after receiving my More rechargeable. Mine haven’t come close to running out of juice on days when I’ve had them on up to 15 hours. Nice to not have that problem anymore.

2 Likes

Thank you to all who have responded. Glad everyone seems to be a fan of the rechargeables. Part of my concern was that my techie husband said that rechargeable electronics (like our phones) seems to hold less of a charge over time so I was also concerned that in a few years these won’t last for a full day. Even if I upgrade in another 4 years or so, I didn’t want to be forced to do so b/c of battery problems. I’ve certainly experienced this with my older iphones so I had concerns.

1 Like

I wouldn’t thank you for rechargeable aids of any description, even if they were free! I like to carry spare batteries, it conveniently suits my lifestyle, and a couple of bad experiences with rechargeable aids, put me off them permanently…. But each to their own…. Cheers Kev :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

When your devices approach the end of warranty period, that’s the time to have the batteries replaced.
Oticons can be replaced by your HCP, so no down time!

1 Like

The MORE are in fact available with either rechargeable or regular 312 batteries. I had the rechargeable version of the MORE and switched to battery. Your reason was part of it but also the reality that any time you might be of grid (power outage, camping, or the like) you have no hearing aids about less than one day. The only caveat is that the MORE is a battery hog compared to the previous version. Batteries last about 3 1/2 days, where the old ones were good for 7-8 days. However, with Costco batteries only costing about $20 a year that is meaningless. I am glad I switched back to batteries. Another very important piece of info they may not have given you - go back about every three months to have the firmware updated. It keeps them operating with the latest programming improvements, like getting a new set every 3 months. Good luck.

1 Like

The More has easily replaceable rechargeable batteries with a simple dialogue in Genie to reset the reported battery health stats when replaced.

Made by Varta.