Has anyone had any experience with Widex regarding cost of repairs/ re moulds

Hi, i have had a pair of Widex Evoke 440 i.t.e which have been sent off through my audiologist to Widex to have the shell redone. Had them fitted about 4 years ago through boots but had nothing but problems due to constant whistling. I went to lots of appointments to try sort the problem but was never resolved. In the end i went with an independent audiologist and purchased a pair of Phonak marvels.
On my last visit i took my pair of widex along and explained i would like to have them working properly for a spare just incase i ever need them.
He never told me the cost from widex and they are due back next week. Ive asked what the cost will be and he said he doesnt know yet untill my next appointment when the aids are back.

I had a repair done through Boots for Widex aids & they weren’t sent back to Widex, but boots own repair facility & I then had to request it was sent back to Widex to sort it out as was very poorly done. The cost to me was the same for either option at £99 but that was a few years ago. From my previous experience servicing is around £100-£150 if out of warranty, if a new mould/ear piece is required there’s probably a separate charge.

Thanks. Not sure what to expect, I did ask for a price from widex before they went ahead but it looks like they did it anyway.

1 Like